It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae Deco art metallic paints are usually pretty good, I don't think they lie about "white pearl", it could be their interpretation of pearlescent white which can look silvery. 

If it's acrylic paint, maybe try Artiste Pearl medium. It might be closer to the "pearl" colour that you are looking for.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

White is tricky... Plain old white gesso (that a canvas is usually primed with) will give you the undercoat of really opaque white that can be covered with a more translucent top coat that has some sheen. Gesso is matte, but pretty opaque in one or two coats. You could even paint on a satin water based varnish afterwards. Wish I could see your desired end result!

2 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

I don't have a solution but I know your frustration. I ordered bronze Rustoleum paint for my front door hinges. The paint says bronze but it's clearly copper. Looks like a shiny new penny. This is what I miss with so many b&m stores disappearing -- the opportunity to see what I'm getting before taking the plunge.

2 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

My husband doesn't like the names the paints have nowadays.

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Can you return it for a refund?

Check out FolkArt and Martha Stewart brands, I believe both have a white pearl.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

no. 3p sellers on amazon do not take back opened paint.

it's not pearl i want it's white that is not matte, not water, not chunky like oatmeal but satin like normal paint used to be and i can't find any. 

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

an etsy seller had apple barrel multi surface white. she said it is satiny not matte so i bought a bottle. at least it's not waiting on an amazon backorder from outertransmongolafrichina for godnose how many months.  

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I've started to use Epsom salt in bath after I've had the sprained ankle, I'm loving it. Not sure if it's psychological, it relaxes me so much that it makes me want to sleep after and one time I almost fell asleep in the bath. 

I'm knackered tonight so I'm looking forward to the bath and I think I will have a good night's sleep after =]  

5 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Hubs takes an Epsom salt bath every night. He says it helps his back. He usually throws some lavender bath salts. scented with essential oil, in with the Epsom it for extra-relaxation.

I love the way it makes the bathroom smell........ that herbaceous-floral aroma. He says he sleeps very well from it. 

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@psych62 Lavender bath salts sound good, I will look for that =] 

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

I can't seem to type out names with the @ before them so the person I'm talking to gets a notification. I'm wondering if I can't do it anymore because I'm a buyer only and not a seller. In the past when I typed @ I'd get a drop-down menu of names that I could click on. This isn't happening anymore, I think it may have started when buyers got banned from the forum. Any thoughts? 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@psych62 I wonder! Pigeon said the same thing not long ago, and she's a buyer account as well. Another buyer-only person on the word games team @tted me and two others recently, and only two of 3 appeared as an underscored link. All the info was correct. 

Sometimes the usual stuff like logging out and then in again helps, or refreshing. One never knows what is going on behind that orange curtain!

3 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@psych62  @ElizabethRosenArt 

That's interesting because I remember Pigeon having trouble too. And Sil said she started having the problem a while ago. I'm wondering if it's a buyer issue too now.

1 Like
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Happy New Year to all !!!  We went to sleep through all the festivities ... but that's OK with me LOL !    Was never a big New Year partier.  

We celebrate Christmas / and I got my hubby one of those weighted blankets !  .... super special online / black friday !!! ....  somewhere around $20 instead of 80 - 100 ! .... so I got two !  He happens to like it .... so I tried it out the past couple of nights before I open box #2 !.    I liked it as well .... BUT !!!  My littlest cat, JuJu ( the trouble maker of the group ! ) ....noticed the little tiny beads in the blanket segments, and figured out that they move , and apparently make some noise that I can't hear !  ...

I was woken up overall up for two nights !   The first night / he noticed the little beads ... started poking at the blanket , then went all kitty " blitz" and started outright pouncing on all .... I covered with another blanket on top .

Night #2 ... was less intense activity .... but he came by to poke at the little beaded areas , and played kitty drums with his paws on the blanket ..... I covered it with another blanket on top ..... AGAIN !  

So .... I like the blanket .... it's kind of cozy / but not sure I can take the little drummer boy at night ! .... will see what happens.  

5 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MelsMix 

Ha ha  your kitty thought the blanket was his new toy!!

2 Likes
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

It IS his new toy !!!!   He knows the beads are there ... can probably hear them move .... dunno ....

Super cute / but not so much when you're trying to sleep LOL ! 

3 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

We never receive the New Year awaken, always sleeping.  In recent years, we had a toss when the noise announcing it woke us up. My  husband didn't want to toss this year, "Nah, we had a crazy year and don't want to have another crazy year."

3 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Got woken up at midnight Jan 1 by young people hooting, yelling, and laughing really loud along with the sound of firecrackers going off. Not pleasant. 

2 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I was asleep, woke up 10 minutes before midnight then went back to sleep 5 minutes after.

This was a lot different from me freezing in times square to "ring in" 1977!

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

gerri, my husband was likely there in '77 as well. he lived in the village for several years with adopted relatives in the 70's. nye really has changed from the guy lombardo and then dick clark days. 

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Neighbour has been playing loud music all morning and likely all day again today = \  The heavy beat is making my stomach sick = (

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ArtbesicoI would call the police. There must be noise ordinances there for quiet hours between 10 pm to 7 am ( for example)

You have a right to quiet enjoyment. And a cop friend once told me that you don't have to give your name .( here anyway)

you can just say you are reporting excessive noise at such and such address and that you don't want to give your name. I doubt the cops would give them your name anyway.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Lionfishvintage Surprisingly they didn't play long hours all day yesterday. I'm moving house soon, hopefully better luck this time, no loud music playing neighbours =]  Fingers crossed x

3 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Dang! I want to take my shop off vacay and come back to work.

I've been working on my shop every DAY with listing stuff but would like to sell again.

Please don't laugh but I'm scared to . After all this holiday mess with USPS, Fed UP , UPS etc  it just seems risky . People still seem to be having problems.

BTW- I'm not blaming the delivery people or postal workers. They are working waaay too hard this year. I give them credit.

Even though a postmaster told me the other day things are starting to get back to normal, i am very hesitant . Especially if packages aren't being scanned etc.

@Buntique  this is for you.

scared bunny

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@Lionfishvintage Things are looking up again! I still have two mid December (shipped) things that are JUST starting to move again, but purchases made this week are moving towards their recipients at the expected speed again. Amazon has delivered in lightning speed again. I ordered some things yesterday, and they arrived today, Sunday! I feel like things are getting much better again.

PLUS, I have to say, with all of my sales that were just stuck out there, I contacted every person, told them I was watching things, and opened cases with USPS when necessary. They are all getting delivered, albeit slowly, but to know, every customer was patient and appreciative, and feedback that is rolling in is glowing, even from people who have waited weeks! Not a single ding because of USPS delays.

You will know when it is best for you, but it's feeling a lot better again from here:)

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.