January was good, February was okay, but so far, this month is my worst in the 8 years I've had this shop open. Is this a widespread thing, is there something I don't know about changes etc. or is it me? I know you may not know the answer to that. I hate when this happens. 

MaliakeiBags
Conversation Maker

Re: Is anyone else having a dismal month?

@frighten:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/98093713/meerkat-art-print-8-x-10-inch-print?ref=shop_home_active_2&pro...

I'm looking at your above-listing. Etsy offers 13 tags, up to 20 characters for each tag. Try to maximize your tags as much as possible. You're on the right track though. Think like a buyer! What words would they use to find your item? Be descriptive. For example, some buyers will search for dimensions, color, theme... eg. 8x10 meerkat art duo ; sepia tone meerkats ; Halloween gothic art . . .

Take full advatage of what Etsy has to offer!

Malia K

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
MaliakeiBags
Conversation Maker

@frighten:

Yeah, that is true. It takes time and effort to find the fairs that work best for you! $200 is costly, that's for sure. 

$85 per day is pretty much my limit and within a 50-mile radius. I know which ones to go to and which ones to avoid!

Maybe you could go with a friend who has transportation and split the cost of a booth if he/she wants to sell their items too?
This would save $$$ plus it's nice to have someone there with you!

2 Likes
Pedricks
Crafty Poster

I know how you feel, my sales for this year are down 60% over last year at this time.  It has gotten so bad that every sale I do get is all eaten up by the fees I owe for things like renewed listings and promoted listings.  It always used to be that when I did a search for my items via Google, they came up right away with links here to Etsy.  I did a search today and I was shocked!  I had to really dig to find any links to my items here on Etsy.  EBay of all places came up for me before Etsy did!  That says a lot to me.

When they started their now permanent decision to remove social media sharing buttons away from listings viewed via computer, I decided to join AmazonHandmade.  I know I can still share my own items here, but it is customers and potential customers I am concerned about.  My demographic doesn't use mobile devices to shop as much as they use their computers.  I'm glad I opened the new shop, but it certainly is a very different place.  You can't re-arrange your shop or put your best and most important listings at the top.  And you cannot organize your items into categories.  So if you have 300 items, they are all there in one big jumble and people have to page through it all or know ahead of time what they are searching for.  But like so many of us, my items are unusual and most people are not searching for them.  I need them to be seen by people curious enough to click on them to find out more.

My sales usually take off when spring is official.  I sure am hoping things change for the better this week-end.

3 Likes

@Pedricks Super nice shop and your lavender pieces are so beautiful!  I'm looking for something decorative to put in a vintage wooden bowl that I purchased.  Can you tell me what size the ornaments are?

2 Likes
Pedricks
Crafty Poster

Thanks!  They range in length because each one in slightly different.  So about 4-6 inches.

1 Like

almost march yes it is time to updatand, fix listing ,spelling ,inventory numbers and more ,

need a lot of energy and encurgement 

listen to getting better

1 Like

It's been such a strange year for traffic and sales. For myself, a decline in December continued until the end of February. I was down between 70 and 90 percent in revenue YoY from any thirty-day period I'd checked over those few months. Didn't matter what I did. I was tweaking my tags, promoting and posting on social media, listing new products and refreshing product photography. Between mid November and the end December, I had more than 50 new items and a couple hundred expired/renewed pieces.

What's strange is that my views, if my stats were accurate, were mostly up YoY for this entire period. But I had minimal interaction on my items, no inquiries from cutomers, and everything tanked in particular between January and the end of February. I know there are potental factors at play like the forum migration, but my views had still remained up YoY that entire time. Further, these are usually stronger months for me.

At the end of February, there was a sudden reversal... I wasn't doing anything differently. My views are the same as they were in January and February. Still up from the same percentage YoY as well. But now, my revenue is up about 50% from this period last year. It's been steady for all of March.

It really does make a person feel as if things are largely out of their control... it's frustrating. While I'm grateful for the current uptick in revenue I'm experencing, it feels like a very fragile victory. I can't help but be cognizant that things could shift again any time.

I really hope that things pick up for you next month, OP. I'm sorry about the slow month.

1 Like

This was my exact observation also.  Views up, interactions gone, during my historically busiest months (February March especially).  I've noticed an uptick in sales this week that almost feels like normal during a slow month in any other month of the year.  I'm beyond grateful for the sales but I just wish there was something in my control I could do.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I hope that things continue to pick up after this week. It really is frustrating. :(

1 Like
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

It's been so so for me, not as good as last year although sales still come in, though unlike last year which was slow but steady, they tend to come in spurts these days, which is a bit odd.

Hope things pick up for everyone soon. :)

Best wishes,

1 Like

I don’t have a history in which to compare but I’m happy so far. My views are down but sells are steady. I just keep adding and trying to improve. But at this stage I’m easy to please. Not sure why views are dropping. I haven’t changed anything.

0 Likes
LoriColeLeather
Inspiration Seeker

I was doing fairly well, up till March. One sale march 1st, then nothing... fixed some keywords, still nothing, i dont understand,  it is really frustrating  since i am paying for ads...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.