Add your new rants here!

I lost this team each time I need to come back! If there's not enough rant already, then here's another!

When you have to virtually go through a haystack to find the group & threads to post in...

Add yours!

Keep your cool everyone, have a nice day / night!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
20 Replies
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Re: Add your new rants here!

Rain every single day for over a week now.  I'm thinking I should have invested in a pontoon boat.

Best wishes,

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Still raining!  Time to get some ducks. :)

Best wishes,

1 Like

i actually don't have a rant....i'm b*tch*ng cuz i got nuthin!

3 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

LMAO! :)

Best wishes,

0 Likes

Here's my rant/pet peeve:  I think it would be so nice if people in the forums would stay on topic and not post their useless side information when big issues with the system are being discussed.  For example, the latest post on the Etsy "money grab" issue.  This is a huge and frightening problem.  Many sellers, myself included, have been following the thread and it seems it may still be happening to some sellers.  Of course, we all want to check and see if it has been resolved, but the thread is now filled with unrelated discussions and arguments that have no bearing on the issue at hand.  People please, stay ON TASK in the forum!  Thanks for letting me vent!  Have a great day! RAINBOWS 🌈AND UNICORNS 🦄!

3 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

My newest rant is that I am having terrible trouble posting on the " Etsy took $395 post"  . And now most times, clicking the like button does nothing.

But yet I can post here and other threads.

Have I been silenced there ? If so - it's O.K. but I haven't said anything that radical to be honest.

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Update- I switched browsers from Firefox to Safari and am able to get into that forum again. 

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

That figures it's another Etsy glitch, this site is full of them.  Instead of changing everything around all the time, they might better devote their time and energy to fixing the problems at hand, (which should give them plenty to do, especially when it comes to the money grab). 

I'm actually dreading going on vacation this summer, I wonder what will happen to my shop...

Best wishes,

1 Like

I got new tires in December and I asked the shop to also check my brakes and tell me if they are below 50%.  They said the pads look good so I figured I was fine until summer to do a brake job.  My brakes started grinding on Tuesday and I just spent $400 on Monday on my pup's annual wellness visit, booster shots, license and a year's worth of heartworm meds.  I couldn't afford to have them done at a service station, so I had to do them myself in the cold and snowy driveway.  Grrrrrrr.

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Ugh, that sucks.  Good thing you know how to do stuff like this.  I can't do beans with anything car related, which is a royal PITA when something goes wrong.  I often wish I lived in the UK, I'd ditch the car and just take the train and the subway everywhere, they have the best public transport system.

Best wishes,

2 Likes

@BigDogLadysJools Only in London (maybe). I live out in the sticks, and there is no way I could get to work via public transport!

0 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@BigDogLadysJools 

Even in London the public transportation system is not a great way to get anywhere, although it's all we've got. Overcrowded doesn't begin to describe it. Packed in like sardines, standing room only, and trains are so expensive now, Londoner pay thousands of £ for the overcrowded privilege. Everything runs late. Everything takes a long time and is expensive and a miserable experience.

There was a store I needed to go to in person (delivery is too expensive). It's literally just a few miles from me, and according to Google directions it would be a 10 to 15 minute drive in a car.

London's brilliant public transportation system [sarcasm] instead made that journey consist of THREE buses, long waits to change to the next bus, and a whopping 1 hour 40 minutes to get to that store.

And all three bus rides were miserable, overcrowded experiences lumbering trough dingy, dirty, depressing streets with a pack of people coughing in my face, that had me wanting to climb the walls.

That's London publi transportation. Crowded, slow, pricey and unpleasant.

Outside of London you are screwed without a car in many places, if you live rural.

Driving in the UK isn't much nicer - tiny roads, congested, too many people, too many cars, but being on public transportation is even worse.

Everyone I hear saying they wish they lived in the UK -- oh my god I cannot begin to tell you how the reality bears NO resemblance to what people think it's like. It SUCKS here. My opinion.

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Oh wow, that's too bad.  I spent a few weeks in Tunbridge Wells back in 2000 and was able to get everywhere by train or subway.  I guess it depends on the area, but the south seemed very well provided for, (in my tourist opinion anyhow). :)

Best wishes,

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Oh, oh, Mr. Kotter, I've got another one.  My Chrome browser is unable to reach Etsy, (but reaches every other site just fine), I had to come in via IE, which is slower than molasses.  I hope it's just me, otherwise Etsy is doing another bang up job as usual. :(

Best wishes,

1 Like

My lack of a forum 'like' button is less important when there are many Etsy sellers without a voice on the forums or in teams. And absolutely pales into insignificance when you see posts about Etsy stuffing up with deposits and/or charging outrageous amounts to sellers' credit cards and bank accounts, or the issue with non-US sellers still being overcharged on our 5% fees with no update on when that will be fixed or when we will receive back those stolen earnings. 

0 Likes
iDoDiY
Post Crafter

Sneezing right after I put on mascara.  I just did that and look like a raccoon.  DRAT!

3 Likes

I'm ranting today just because I feel like it ;D RANT! ;D

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Why can some people eat whatever they want and never gain an ounce and others have to watch their calories like a hawk to stay at a healthy weight? The latter is me. The former is my husband. He is 53 and can still fit into the Air Force uniform he wore when he signed up at age 18 (pants and all). Myself, I have pants in my closet ranging in size from 4 to 18 (I think I was a size 4 for four weeks, literally). 

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

When the cashier at the grocery store coughs into his hand and then handles your food.... 

Would've been nice if he had used some hand sanitzer 1st.

0 Likes

My Girl Scouts cookies were delivered yesterday.  I already ate half a box of thin mints!!!!   I need to learn how to control my sweet tooth.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.