Water Cooler Community

HI, I decided to drop in over here as I have been reading several other posts, in other categories, somehow managing to include in their topics how unnecessary chit chat is.....well, I have to say I miss seeing the "regulars", discussing things that matter in our day to day lives, sharing laughter,  tears, joys, disappointments and triumphs.  So on that note....I am hoping that everyone is having a great day and those of us who are dealing with these insane cold temperatures, that you are staying warm.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
10 Replies
chocolaterabbit
Conversation Maker

Re: Water Cooler Community

I don't know why people are saying chit chat is unnecessary!  It's a big part of my day. Most of us work at home and it is really important to be able to connect with other people.

Maybe they are a little cranky over the changes or something.  Don't let it get to you!!

4 Likes

For people who dont like chit chat, they seem to spend a lot of time talking about it.

7 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

Lol, I was thinking the same thing about some of those people on the regular forums, yep!

1 Like

Lol, true! 

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Hi Nina!

So nice to have this team to chit chit chat in.

5 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

Hi Nina,

I agree, it's good to have this team to just chat.

I've found it quite astonishing, some of the bitterness expressed about the old Chit Chat forum, by certain people over on the big people forums (lol!). I never knew some people felt quite so venomous about a place to have some downtime. I came here just now, for example, because I've been working on an item and my hands are sore, but I don't really feel like being "all business" on the regular forum. I just did my taxes the other day and I'm "all businessed-out" at the moment. I just want to work on an item, then take a break. Chit Chat was great for that, and what a mistake Etsy made in getting rid of it. :(

But we have this place now!

3 Likes

To me, Chit Chat was the same as going into a store and chatting with the woman who owns it personally (or talking to a vendor at a craft show)

It gave a personal touch to what i bought and I found a lot of awesome sellers.

Everyone knew Chit Chat was for chatting, so all they had to do was avoid it- I'm not sure why exactly people complained about it. I've seen the complaints but most sites with forums end up having to add a general or chit chat board for that reason. People are social and they want to talk to other people.

1 Like

I used to like hanging out in the forums, almost every day. I answered some questions when I could, read advice from others, and went to chitchat. I liked the general chitchat discussions, and I especially liked the word games.

So now we have a team just for word games, and we have this and couple of other teams for chitchat. But I no longer get to a place where I can give advice or read about problems, because the forums are impossible. Something has been lost, and it’s sad. 

0 Likes

Also, I understand that some teams have been started for the political discussions, but I didn’t ever get into those. 

0 Likes

That is so true.  Can't find the discussions or question sections on forums and those were what I read most.   So much helpful info is gone now.  Since I mostly read them, they don't show up on my threads.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.