BlingAndBijou
Conversation Maker

Your thoughts about Favorites ?

Do you pay attention to them?

If you use Promoted Listings, do you see a relationship between a cick and a Fave very often?

How often does a person who Fave's something actually end up buying it? How close in time are the Fave and the purchase?

Do you use the Favorite promo coupon, and is it bringing you any sales?

About a year ago, I dropped most of my teams so I could get a feel for "organic" favorites, as opposed to team game hearts. I've had only a handful of buyers who use that promo. I do pay attention to them because I enjoy looking at the other things someone has favorited - since we don't have Treasuries anymore, it is a good way to see some amazing things. But I don't see a high relationship between PL clicks/purchases and favorites. I know that there are a thousand and one reasons why people fave something. 

look forward to your ideas!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: Your thoughts about Favorites ?

I have never really paid attention to favorites.  I have triple the number of favs as I do sales.  The only time I favorite a shop myself is when they happen to carry the types of supplies I am looking for or when I find the perfect type of gifts for holidays and I want to remember them when shopping time comes around.  I have never done the PL's and the only team I have ever been on  up till now is one I joined when I was new to Etsy so many years ago.  So I know the favorites I get are organic but don't count on them as far as increasing my sales.

1 Like

I think favorites were wonderful, but I don't think you'll see them much anymore. In a way, it's kinda nice that most have figured out what they're original intent was!

Don

2 Likes

@DETHardwoodCreationsWe are not seeing much of anything anymore.....

1 Like

@ngeorgiou, that is so true :(

It is most unfortunate, and this saddens me greatly. My remarks above are merrly to help newbies get a better understanding of what is going on here.

The retailers, wholesalers, stockholders, greedy, and Etsy, especially Etsy, need to understand it's not okay to pass this place off as a place for  handmade entreprenuers to get a foothold on their dreams of being successful. Anyone can look at search results, and see that something is very wrong here.

This is obviously why the forums had to be farmed out to a third party, so these posts would be buried so deep that the new sellers wouldn't know what they are really up against.

However, at the end of the day, even though I feel greatly responible for these changes, I'll never feel guilty for being honest!!!

Best wishes,

Don

0 Likes

I've always been grateful for them. If nothing else, when things are slow, seeing regular favoriting of my items helps keeps my spirits up. It can make it easier to not lose momentum and to keep pushing forward with new listings & with overall work on my Etsy-specific storefront. On days where I have a slew of unique favorites, I'll admit that I feel pretty encouraged.

I've not really made an active note of a correlation between favorites and sales.

For a while, I tried offering a small percentage off to people who opt in to receive favoriting discounts... over a couple months, very few were sent out and the code was never used. So I discontinued it.

It's been years since I last participated in promo games. They hadn't really helped my business, so I just stopped indulging.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.