Many sources have highly suggested that for product driven businesses (such as all of us), we should be adding new products each year. It may be only December 2, but it may be a good time to thin of what new thing you could add, if you haven't already.

How many of you have thought of new products to add in 2014?
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Are You Creating New Products?

As I just mentioned in another thread, I really dropped the ball last year with adding new product. I pretty much didn't. My whole year rode on products that we already had developed. And I had the worst year ever since I took this full time.

Luckily, I was able to identify the main problems (the new products wasn't the only issue, but it was a huge factor), and have laid out details plans to fix that this year.

Already, just one month into 2014, I have nearly tripled the amount of new listings on Etsy compared to 2013 (40 new listings last year, 119 so far this year, with at least another 40 in the immediate pipeline [waiting for photos or listing edits]).

I've already seen an uptick in sales, so I'm confident that this will help make 2014 a better year for us.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I have "old" new linocut to add (same as the old one but with a rainbow effect) and probably more print and original. Actually I just made one mixed medi cannvas I plan on selling the original. I also have vintage jewelry I need to sell (it's not really in my with my shop but I'm giving it a try)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have a lot of ideas in my idea notebook but they are on the back burner right now :( Unfortunately I have a lot of exams to study for and will have to wait to create for a week or two.
0 Likes

I've already added several new items this year & plan on more!
I constantly have new ideas but have to remember it's just me creating/making!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm in the process of selecting new fabrics to add new products and changing my pricing formula. I'm also working on presenting my products differently, such as in collections.

I started this process with a large sheet of paper on my studio wall; spent weeks brain storming and writing each idea on a postie note. Then I edited and organized. Now I'm at the stage of executing my new action plan, as well as continue to edit.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.