what happens to the desktop version of the seller Ap ?

The new version is for ipad and and iphone only ! will I have to upgrade the version I am already using on my computer as there doesn't sem to be a replacement ?

Will my version on the Macbook pro stop working ?

Regards

Cliff

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: what happens to the desktop version of the seller Ap ?

I am not quite sure why you are using an app on your MacBook Pro.....use a browser and you will not have any issues.  If you read the issues with the new app,  posted here in the forums,  everyone is strongly suggesting using a browser instead of the app.

5 Likes

Hi Cliff - I'm on a MacBook, too, and I use the Safari browser to run my shop.  The browser view has everything.  

2 Likes

I am constantly mystified by App usage, especially on a laptop. Most do not have the full range of features that a browser affords.

And I may be wrong, but at times I think apps are pushed as another way to collect user data. A friend said each app has its own privacy settings & details on what info it collects on the user. (??) With apps often used on phones/mobile devices & probably not something that the user "cleans up" or sets to better privacy standards, I'm tempted to believe her since data has $$ value. 

2 Likes

I think you're right about data collection, @JMOldeVintage , and also  - app usage skews younger.  The more a younger demographic is aware that an app is available, the more that demographic is likely to shop in that venue.  Every single young person I know does their shopping via an app of some sort, never on a laptop or desktop browser. As for sellers, we read more and more sellers do it all from the seller app.  I, myself, have no idea how anyone runs a business completely from a phone, but apparently, it's the preferred method of most younger sellers. 

1 Like

@UpliftingartDesign What you are currently using on your Macbook is the website, not an app. Apps are for phones and tablets.

So, nothing changes with how you interact with etsy on your Macbook.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@UpliftingartDesign  - the apps are for mobile devices not desktop or laptop version.

1 Like

okay so today I was chatting with the etsy support people via my shop asking how to delete selected occasions and or holidays from currently listed items in my shop. I was informed that the only way to do that is with the app.  I was told to go to the app and use the pencil icon to delete the selected holidays and or occasions.  Only problem is I cannot do it on my Mac using either Chrome or Safari and I need to figure out how to find an app for my Mac as there is no way I wish to edit 700 listings using an iPhone.  If anyone know where I can get the app I would be forever grateful! Thanks. Katherine 

0 Likes

@KatherinesAtelier: The only way that you can use the app on a non-mobile device is to use an emulator. There are several available for Apple devices (some free) with various degrees of complexity to get it working.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@KatherinesAtelier the Etsy App is a mobile app -  it's not designed to work on a desktop computer. You will either need to use your iPhone or just leave it. I'm sure the selected occassions/holidays are not causing any harm to your listings. Maybe just don't add them going forwards.

1 Like

@KatherinesAtelier you were misinformed.  You don't need an app to delete attributes.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/Bulk-Edit-attributes/m-p/140868359#M1505327

You can't bulk edit attributes, but possibly if you use an integration like Vela?

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@PillowDetails I assumed she was trying to use some kind of bulk edit or quick way of deleting them. I only know how to do it by opening each listing and editing it one at a time.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.