DashillusWallArt
Inspiration Seeker

using mockups for printables

Jump to solution

I saw this new blue highlighted "warning" on the top of my new listing edit page: "Our policies help us protect what’s special about our sellers’ items. Make sure your item can be sold on our marketplace, and don’t use stock images or other photos you found on the internet. Keep in mind, that if you don’t follow our policies, we may need to remove your listings and Star Seller badges, or suspend your account. Our Seller Policy"

does it mean that I can no longer use moke-ups to place my drawings on? I sell printables for download and I don't have so much space and frames in my house to take photos of them to place the printables in them.. will that be a problem in the future?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: using mockups for printables

Jump to solution

I don’t think they are concerned about mockups. I think they are referring to stock photos you can purchase, or other photos copied from advertising, books, etc. and then passed off as your own. It is the “art” you are selling, not the mockup photos you use to display it with.

View solution in original post

6 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

I don’t think they are concerned about mockups. I think they are referring to stock photos you can purchase, or other photos copied from advertising, books, etc. and then passed off as your own. It is the “art” you are selling, not the mockup photos you use to display it with.

6 Likes
DashillusWallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

thank you so much, That's what I thought but I was still a little worried have a great day ^^

1 Like

Jump to solution

The problem with using mock-ups for digital art is the tendency to distort the size. I looked at your boho wall art set of 2. The description says 4 but I only see two. The measurements are 50x50cm but you are showing two rectangular framed prints ... and only one photo of them. The other four are 'ads' for your other listings and info-graphs.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.