trying to get live chat help

Jump to solution

when i click on help > still need help in order to get a phone call or live chat there's a banner at the top about issues with a royal mail cyber incident (irrelevant to my issue). below that is the "have us call you" but it's faded out so i can't click on it. i'm guessing because it's beyond the "office" hours.

whatever happened to the live chat option? has that been moved, is it all together gone, or does that only show up m-f 7am-9pm est? is there no way to get help over the weekend anymore?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: trying to get live chat help

Jump to solution

Hi, I don't know about the answer to any of your questions, but right now do you see a clickable chat option on this page? https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_buy_help_with_order-contact_select I do, but not sure if we all see something different, depending. Hopefully you do as well.

To find it, I used a Help topic path as a "buyer" instead of "seller" (as I've done in the past, as a seller, when I've needed chat help).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lalarossa
Conversation Maker

Rif.: trying to get live chat help

Jump to solution

You are a star seller. An envelope-shaped icon will appear in the store dashboard in the lower right corner during US East Coast business hours. Click on them and you can discuss. I have already used this option twice and received the immediate help I needed.

View solution in original post

1 Like
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi, I don't know about the answer to any of your questions, but right now do you see a clickable chat option on this page? https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_buy_help_with_order-contact_select I do, but not sure if we all see something different, depending. Hopefully you do as well.

To find it, I used a Help topic path as a "buyer" instead of "seller" (as I've done in the past, as a seller, when I've needed chat help).

0 Likes

Jump to solution

no, your link only shows me the royal mailer blurb. thanks for trying though!

finding working help links has always been hit or miss around here. i miss the old days when admin would respond to help requests in the forums.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

the live chat on the dashboard, for star sellers, is east coast america working hours

you can sometimes still get it through - community and help - contact us - if you choose the right options

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids The chat option that I see says available 24/7, and the call option is the one with limited operating hours! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PoppyDove 

my little blue live chat box for star seller is not there now, it will only appear on east cost business hours,

Sometimes there is chat available, on some options from - community and support - contact us - but it depends on the topic you choose, and how bust the chat staff are

0 Likes
lalarossa
Conversation Maker

Rif.: trying to get live chat help

Jump to solution

You are a star seller. An envelope-shaped icon will appear in the store dashboard in the lower right corner during US East Coast business hours. Click on them and you can discuss. I have already used this option twice and received the immediate help I needed.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PoppyDove @CraftyCornishMaids @lalarossa thank you all. it turns out that poopydove's link did get me to a 24/7 chat once i switched my browser to chrome. apparently etsy help know longer works with brave. i had no idea about a star seller chat from dashboard, good to know!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.