tracking for notecards...what are you doing?

My notecards plus 1st class postage amount to 8.10. Etsy is on me about tracking. As I understand to add tracking is about 4.00.  This makes no sense.  The only place I have ever had problems is International. Right now the Royal Mail system in Britain has been hacked and it is affecting my orders. I see the only choice is not to ship international for awhile.  Etsy has chosen to refund the customer if they haven't received within the posted time window...one they did before the time window.  When is Etsy going to consider people with low priced orders?

What are you, in the same position doing about this issue?

Judy Orcutt (QuilliGraphy)

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Replies

Re: tracking for notecards...what are you doing?

How are you able to ship international orders so cheaply? As of 2018, USPS requires that merchandise be mailed first class international package rate, which includes tracking. I only offer international shipping to Canada and I use Pirate Ship. It costs about $10 to ship a single card through Pirate Ship. 

0 Likes

Re: tracking for notecards...what are you doing?

@quilligraphy  - The shop you're posting from is in the US. But I assuming you are having issues with Royal Mail & their ability to pick up tracking for orders you've sent to the UK?

For your domestic orders you can use this:
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039466434-How-to-Ship-First-Class-Flats-and-Letters-with-...

For international orders you would need to send as merchandise complete with customs form. But 99% of the time you will get a USPS tracking number for packages, at no extra cost.

Then there is Etsy's global shipping program. If you're using this then the USPS tracking number only takes you as far as the nearest Ascendia center. From there tracking does change - and it is different enough that one shouldn't get upset with USPS or RM.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037382894-Global-Postal-Shipping-Labels-on-Etsy?segment=s...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.