timezone issue

Apparently I can't set the shipping date for today (Wednesday, 6/22, 2022) - it is just after 6 pm here once the date on the East Coast of the US hits midnight (which ir did when it was 6pm here), so several of the orders I shipped today were marked as "overdue". I would have shipped some yesterday if my hand sanitizer hasn't drenched them and partially dissolved the printing (I had more, at least).
The make so many "improvements" but it looks  like they can't adjust the shipping date to the timezone the seller is in. This should be really easy to do.
(and they could add a label called "shipping" or not require a label)

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: timezone issue

Bumping

1 Like

If it is after 6pm local time, how are you shipping the item that day?  Do any of the primary shippers (USPS, FedEx, UPS) have drop offs that late for shipping the same day?  If your shipper won’t process the item until the next day, then that is what I would want to see as a customer, as that is (to me) the “real” ship date.

0 Likes

It was all letters with stamps without tracking which I dropped off at the post office around noon and forgot to mark as shipped until the evening when I had a chance to catch my breath.

0 Likes

Ah, that makes sense.  That is a shame that you can’t then update Etsy accurately.  

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

@hilobeads 

It makes sense to me that Etsy does it this way- as another said-- if you try to enter "shipped" past the time cut off for most PO (5-6PM) it goes on the next day. How is Etsy to know you shipped when you said (earlier in the day) if you don't have tracking on things to start with. There is no real proof. 

0 Likes

I have learned to Update the Ship By date the day before it is due, if I need to, because if I wait until the day it is actually due, it is often too late and it won't let me. Even if I take it to the post office drop off, it is likely it won't get scanned until the next day if it is after the lobby hours of the Post Office.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.