DevilleAntiques
Inspiration Seeker

star seller issues

I would like some insight as to how the  Shipping portion of your Star Seller section works?   To be honest I was not even aware that I was listed as a Star seller for approx a month back in summer  but then was dropped due to shipping portion   I worked very hard to make sure I sent tracking to  retain my rating yet down they go every month!

How is it possible that  i mail  items IMMEDIATELY after sales notification- mostly well before my 3-5 day window of shipping , send tracking info IMMEDIATELY when the item has shipped - yet - my shipping has dropped almost month from JUST Under the 95% amount and now down to 75%?   Can you explain?

I use my own label, post office , etc and have no  intentions of purchasing labels from Etsy as I do not have the means to print them - While i am not all that concerned about my status - it would be nice to know what you expect  ??   This is a very discouraging and confusing

thanks

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: star seller issues

If you are not concerned  about your Star Seller status, and don't have the means to use Etsy labels,  what exactly are you asking?

As long as you enter your tracking  (from wherever you purchased it) on time, what's the problem?

0 Likes

@DevilleAntiques: "Can you explain?" Have you looked at the applicable CSV file available on you Star Seller page? That will tell you which orders Etsy thinks there is an issue with.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

"send tracking"? You need to mark the order as complete and manually enter the tracking number. Just sending to the buyer does not record it on the order.

0 Likes

Since you have no way to print Etsy labels, I assume that means you have no way to print labels purchased from anywhere else either, which means you must be buying them from the counter of the post office. That's perfectly fine (even though the cost is significantly more, it may not be enough to justify getting a printer to use). However, that means that you must be manually entering in the tracking numbers, which can be prone to user error of keying in the wrong number. You can verify you have entered everything correctly the following day by checking to see if it's updated. If it hasn't, you have up to 3 days from when you originally shipped & entered the tracking to update it with the correct number if there is a mistake. 

0 Likes

*Printing labels from Etsy is no different than printing labels purchased other places, sites like Pirateship. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.