This was hard to explain in the subject line.  In the past when I removed items from my shopping cart(s).  the item would be removed and you would still be on the page with the shopping carts.  Now when an item is removed, the shopping cart page is gone and you have to click on the cart icon to go back.  This is a pain...please fix it back the way it was.

MysticalDice
Inspiration Seeker

Re: shopping cart page disappears when items removed

Jump to solution

I've been having this issue for almost this entire year. Like how is this not fixed? I literally have to refresh the page after EVERY SINGLE ITEM I delete. It does this across browsers too. I used to store things in my cart to buy later but now I haven't been doing that because this bug is so annoying and so I've bought far less from etsy because of it.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

Jump to solution

Technical issues with the shopping cart need to be a top priority. No buyer should have to refresh their cart every time they remove an item from their shopping cart. And I wonder how many buyers may not think to or know how to refresh their cart once their cart shows that there are no more items in their cart. This needs to be fixed YESTERDAY! 

Also, there needs to be a total for each shop in the shopping cart. A buyer should not have to waste their time clicking on "check out from this shop" in order to see how much their total will be. In fact, the buyer needs to go through 2 hoops in order to see a total for a particular shop. Once there, the buyer is given no option to cancel and return to cart if they do not wish to purchase. All of these steps are borderline sneaky in my opinion. Easier for the buyer to use a calculator. (CRAZY!!) The focus needs to shift from seeing one large total for all the items in your cart to seeing totals for each shop with a smaller option to purchase everything at once. IMO

I've been an active Etsy seller and buyer since 2007 and the shopping cart still confuses me. 

8 Likes

Jump to solution

How is it possible that this has been an issue for so long and has not been resolved? The problem for me is inconsistent and does not seem browser related. Doe Etsy not monitor these forums?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

No, Etsy does not monitor the forums. The forums are outsourced to another company. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

This has been an ongoing issue and I wish the Etsy programmers would take it seriously. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

This seems to be an old post started in 2020, so if you are having a problem with cart you should start a new post. This one would be considered a zombie post. : )

0 Likes
HoodooDollies
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

2022 and this is still happening. It is so super frustrating as a customer. Why don't they fix this?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello! It looks like you responded to an older thread. In this situation, we encourage you to start a new thread with your question so you receive a more up to date response. Our community members would be more than happy to advise you, give you information or support. We’re closing this up. Thank you!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.