search filters clear

I was trying to search for something vintage today using search filters.  But every time I click on a category such as "home & living" it takes away all of the filters like "vintage", "physical item", etc that I had applied and instead I'm shown new items, Etsy's Pick, Bestsellers, free shipping, ads for page after page and nothing vintage because apparently that filter has been taken away.  If it's a glitch I am hoping that it will be fixed soon.  It is very frustrating and because I am also a vintage seller pretty irritating because obviously it must be quite difficult for buyers to search for my vintage items as well.  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Replies

Re: search filters clear

@TwoDogFarm  - I use a laptop/Chrome/W10 & have not had any problems with search filters. Other glitches yes, but the filters are working smoothly at the moment. However, Etsy's search has never remembered the filter options used by a buyer. So for each search term used you have to go back into the filters & make your selections over and over again. Clicking on one of the "promo things" Etsy shows such as bestsellers, Etsy picks, etc. will also cause the previously used filter choices to disappear. Yes, it gets old.

FWIW I will either enter "vintage abc item" so that I'm immediately shown vintage items.
Or, I try to slowly but surely go thru the All Filters option after getting the search results. My usual method is to click on "physical item", scroll all the way down the options to "vintage", then scroll back up & check off the 'category' filters, finally hitting "apply".

0 Likes

@JMOldeVintage:  Thanks for responding!  It's just such a shame that we all have to jump through so many hoops to even find vintage items here on Etsy!!!  Honestly if people didn't already know that vintage was sold on this site there wouldn't be anything to let them know.

2 Likes

I tried to click on Etsy main page 25% off sale, then scrolled down to click on filter, I clicked "vintage" but the little circle just turned gray so it no longer filters out vintage. Updated: I realized that once I "x'd" out of that box I was shown vintage items, however, there were handmade mixed in. So still not sure if it's a tech issue or just the way it's going to work now. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.