"Compose" message button disappeared in "Messages."  I can still send message in other ways/places.  Anyone else notice this glitch?

Re: "Compose" message button disappeared in "Messages" glitch

Jump to solution

I had a question about an item I was looking at but no message button until you scroll down to the bottom and can message seller (on an ipad).   Frustrating for sure but I have had messages from potential buyers so they are finding it.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
MyGreenThumbShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I find this so frustrating as a new seller I'm getting some sales, YAY
A recent customer sent me a message regarding his desired delivery date. I wanted to reassure him that it should arrive on time. I got the oops message to contact support, in chat they told me they needed to bump it up because they could not help and I would get an email. No email yet except the canned one about scammers. Not my issue. 
I tried to reply in a new browser, Direct message, and in the app. All say oops. 
Also sent two requests to support, both including the order number from the customer's inquiry. I found all my prior attempts in resolving this issue, going back to last summer 6 months ago. always get a canned reply and a blurb about how they will contact me. I was never contacted, never resolved.   
So not only can I not reply to my customer but the two day reply that is suggested by Etsy if not met will affect my stats.
BooHoo I'm so sad. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just re-opened my shop a few days ago and I had the ability to send messages yesterday but today there is no send button in my message section. Has it become standard  practice on Etsy to not allow sending of any messages now?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

etsy removed it, as it was being used for spam,

you should only be contacting your customer about their order

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi Crafty Cornish Maids

I actually was using messenger to communicate with  my fellow shop owners who are friends of mine. I do have some of them on Facebook so I guess FB will be the place to connect. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SiriusFun 

That will be the reason, I would use FB in future

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.