TheloftGifts
Inspiration Seeker

problems selling

Hi there, I have sold one item on Etsy without any issues, but after listing another two, no-one is able to purchase them. They try to purchase and it says something about contacting me by email. I have checked my email address and it is correct. I have sent a hekp request to Etsy twice and have had absolutely no reply - Any ideas what to do anyone?

Thanks, Lisa

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
roaminate
Conversation Maker

Re: problems selling

I've added one of your items to my cart, visited the checkout page and it seems to be working fine. FYI: It sounds similar to a scam alert going around where scammers will ask for your email and even go so far as to send an image of a fake etsy page and a link. Don't click any links mark any messages asking for an email address as spam.

0 Likes

I have just tried to purchase from you and there isn't a problem , i've been able to add to my basket.

This sounds like you are being targeted by a scammer , a known scam targeting new shops on Etsy.

Dont engage , send messages to spam do not take the message off Etsy.

Don't give out your email or financials, even if the message appears to be from Etsy.

If you make a sale it will show on your shop dashboard you don't need to give Etsy or anyone any contact or bank info. Im sure another seller will come along and give you more info soon 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Lisa, I'm glad you came to the Forum and did not click on the scammer Messages. These goons are trying to hack you and steal your funds. A Buyer will NEVER need your email.  Mark these Messages as Spam! I really wish we had a way to Mark as Scam, but we don't.  It's getting out of hand over here.  Stay safe.

2 Likes

It's a scam!!!! Buyers do not need your email. They are trying to trick you by sending a FAKE email from etsy "help" asking you for your financial information.

There is nothing wrong with your shop

1 Like

1 Like
ImmerseArtStudio
Conversation Maker

@TheloftGifts for sure is a scam. They ask your email address to continue sending emails and bring the conversation outside the platform. Avoid them and put in spam folder these messages

0 Likes
TheloftGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Thankyou so much to everyone who has replied and also for checking if you can purchase without a problem. It is unbelievable what people will do to target you! I greatly appreciate all your help, best wishes, Lisa x

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.