pre transit

Jump to solution

An order that never left the Pre Transit stage , but was happily delivered and received resulted in a "no" tracking number ding. 

my score is precariously at 100% message 100% rating and on time shipping 98%  sounds good ~ but one little mistep and poof ~ months of paying for tracking on the smallest of items that I wouldn't have dreamed paying tracking for in the past could be lost. Etsy admin. is super hard to get in touch with. any suggestions ~ don't trip ?

Thanks in advance 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: pre transit

Jump to solution

Go to the USPS website, make a screenshot where it says delivered. Open a ticket with Etsy through help. Wait for the ‚canned‘ email. Answer that email with the screenshot from USPS. They will update the pre transit on Etsy to delivered. After 24-48 hours you star seller statistics for shipping will adjust automatically. 

View solution in original post

6 Likes

Re: pre transit

Jump to solution

Hello! It looks like you responded to an older thread. I would encourage you to create a new thread, requesting help or advice for your own shop. Here in the All About Shipping section of our Community space where you will find lots of fellow Etsy sellers who can provide you advice or feedback for your shop. We ask that people create threads for their own questions, rather than looking for help on another person’s thread. Thank you.

If you have any questions about how the Community Forums work, please read our Community Policies.

View solution in original post

1 Like
11 Replies

Jump to solution

When a packaged I mailed still says pre transit after a couple days I will go to the USPS site and set up updates/notifications for the tracking number. Things update when doing this. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you ~ It seems to late for that, there is no going back in to revise shipping updates to a package that's already been delivered. this took place on April 26th I just now saw the no tracking message listed on my star seller download list. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi CatsBead - I sold an item and took that package to the post office today. I set it behind the counter where I always set my packages, but today I never got an Etsy email letting me know that the package moved from pre-transit to in transit. I'm wondering if maybe the postal worker never zapped my package to check it in...???

I'm freaking out a little bit and don't know what to do besides go to the post office in the morning on the off chance that someone there will remember me or my package and let me know what happened to it. 

I see your suggestion about signing up for updates/notifications for that package tracking number, but I don't see how to do that. The only updates/notifications I have been able to sign up for are updates about mail COMING TO ME. Not mail I am sending out. 

Can you help? Thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Are you scanning the package to get the initial scan?  I have found this is the best way to get in transit status right away. Getting a receipt at the post office works if your postal staff does the scanning as they are supposed to.

I don't know if getting the updates will nudge the status on Etsy or not.  It might be worth a try.

You don't pay for tracking or rather tracking is already included in the cost of shipping as you are in the US.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@JDTotesnDolls  , It works on etsy. I have only tried it with etsy labels but I would assume it works on all sites.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi JD - I sold an item and took that package to the post office today. I set it behind the counter where I always set my packages, but today I never got an Etsy email letting me know that the package moved from pre-transit to in transit. I'm wondering if maybe the postal worker never zapped my package to scan it and check it in...???

I'm freaking out a little bit and don't know what to do besides go to the post office in the morning on the off chance that someone there will remember me or my package and let me know what happened to it. 

I see CatsBead made the suggestion about signing up for updates/notifications on the USPS website for that package tracking number, but I don't see how to do that. The only updates/notifications I have been able to sign up for are updates about mail COMING TO ME. Not mail I am sending out. 

Do you think the package is on its way but a postal worker just forgot to scan it which is why I never got the 'your shipping notification sent to....(buyer name)' email from Etsy later today?

Can you help? Thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SeeWhatIveFound I don't think you can ask for updates on a tracking number until it's scanned into the system. I'd give it at least another day and  see what happens. If you just dropped it off today it's very possible it just hasn't been scanned in yet. 

If you want more replies, you might want to start your own thread. Since your posts here are nested, most readers won't notice them among the older posts. If you want a certain person to see your post, use the @ symbol in front of their name and they'll get a notification that they've been mentioned. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you ~ It seems too late for that catsbeads ~ there is no going back in to revise shipping updates to a package that's already been delivered. This took place on April 26th I just now saw the no tracking message listed on my star seller download list. I am in the US and have to pay for tracking for say something like a few cards in an envelope vs a stamp. It about the seller status. I did have a tracking number for the sent item. It just read pre transit. I didn't know that Etsy looks at it like there is NO tracking number w/ this order 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@KarmaCodeOne  , Well if it happens again, try it. I do this quite a bit, specially during the holiday season.:)

0 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: pre transit

Jump to solution

Go to the USPS website, make a screenshot where it says delivered. Open a ticket with Etsy through help. Wait for the ‚canned‘ email. Answer that email with the screenshot from USPS. They will update the pre transit on Etsy to delivered. After 24-48 hours you star seller statistics for shipping will adjust automatically. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello! It looks like you responded to an older thread. I would encourage you to create a new thread, requesting help or advice for your own shop. Here in the All About Shipping section of our Community space where you will find lots of fellow Etsy sellers who can provide you advice or feedback for your shop. We ask that people create threads for their own questions, rather than looking for help on another person’s thread. Thank you.

If you have any questions about how the Community Forums work, please read our Community Policies.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.