payments still being returned to etsy

My payments have been returned to my etsy account since march 7th. ive been on etsy chat 3 times trying to resolve. i've changed my bank account 3 times. Plaid has said my new accounts were verified but no plaid deposit was recieved by my banks. i can't close my etsy account because there is a positive balance. etsy won't send me a check. i was never notified via email about this isssue. am i being targeted? how can etsy get away with this?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: payments still being returned to etsy

Is the c/card on file valid? Etsy will not transfer funds if it's not. Every time you change your bank details, Etsy holds your funds for 5 days as a security measure to stop hackers. Etsy isn't getting away with anything. They are trying to send your fund to you but there's a reason/glitch it's not working. Keep trying and hope it works out.

3 Likes

Did you make any changes to your billing info on or few days before that date? If you were receiving them before, check your cc on file as stated above to make sure it's not expired.

2 Likes

If your bank is sending it back, it means your bank has a problem allocating it.

does your name match exactly, to the last dot, if you have initials in one place, are there initials in another.

Contact our bank, to find out why they are returning it, and not allocating to your account

1 Like

i've tried 3 different bank accounts. all are accepted by plaid but no deposits are showing up in any of them. i have a large balance that etsy owes me

0 Likes

?Re: payments still being returned to etsy

what does your bank say about why they are returning them, instead of allocating them to your account ?

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@AlltheBestCardBoxes   It's a shame you are having this much difficulty.  Others are as well.  Here is a Thread which was Marked as Resolved for the OP.  Other Sellers in this Thread are continuing to have trouble.

Strictly up to you; I wonder if it would be a good idea to "at" the Admin who is on Pg. 1 of this Thread.  At this point, Etsy needs to have 24/7 knowledgeable Support personnel, especially with financial issues.  It should not be this difficult to access.

I hope this gets resolved for you and others.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-Things-Finance/ETSY-Returned-Deposit/m-p/141796951#M313662

1 Like

I read on one thread that it was because the account was a savings account and they are sending it to a checking account.  Can you see what kind of account you have?  

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Etsy is obviously trying to pay you, they keep sending the money.  For some reason, your bank or banks are rejected the payment, so it bounces back to Etsy.  Likely it's something minor, but not obvious to you.  

If it was me, I'd go down to my bank in person, find a manager, and ask them to help me input the information.  Maybe they will spot what is missed?  Good luck, I hope you resolve this.

2 Likes

Their bank cant fix it. Its the coding etsy uses in deposits. Its happened to a lot of us starting around the SVB crash. Etsy has to fix it on their end. I dont know why its being covered up .

0 Likes
Bodelia
Inspiration Seeker

Was this resolved for you?  This just happened to me last week and absolutely nothing has changed in my Etsy or bank account.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Yep, all the answers can be found near the end in THIS forum post!  (see my comments) 

1 Like

@TBQSC   That's not the only reason deposits are returned.  There are many other reasons outside the SVB issue which was fully resolved.  

It can be as simple as bank changes, not recognizing Etsy's coding, other errors.  

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

@JDTotesnDolls I never said the SVB crash was the ONLY reason for the deposit issues.  If you read through that post, you will see that I have been through hellandback trying to get the delayed payment issue resolved, not only for my account, but for the thousands of other sellers who are still experiencing the same dilemma.  Obviously the repercussions of the SVB crash are still not fully resolved!  If they were, sellers would not still be having issues.  As many are finding out, a simple chat session does nothing ... sellers need to tag a certain admin who will then put them in touch with an Etsy financial support expert who WILL then ensure your deposits are coded correctly.  This needs to happen with EVERY seller still experiencing delayed payments ... until that happens, the issue will remain the same, unresolved.  

1 Like

the OP hasn't come back for 3 weeks,

and yesterdays post said it is a delay, and just started to happen, not a bounce back

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.