Vintagenow2018
Inspiration Seeker

missed a processing time

Jump to solution

was made aware that I missed a shipping time on the shipping metrics on your processing time, and my star status was decreased.

Order  [REMOVED]  placed on 6-6-2022. Order shipped on 06-07-2022 Tracking [REMOVED] we shipped it 1 one day. How can this be late? I had 100% on processing time because of this they reduced it to 98%. Not a big deal if it was correct.,but it is not and if it happens again and again, it would destroy this ranking.

If you are going to have a program, it should be accurate. If it is not accurate,Etsy should be able to correct any mistakes made. We try to follow the rules to make Etsy a better shopping experience.

Joseph

VintageNow2018

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: missed a processing time

Jump to solution

Hello! We ask that you not share personally identifying information in the Forums. For that reason, your OP has been edited.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Change your processing time to 1-3 days.  It could be a time glitch, but having some float helps.

And don't forget, Monday, June 20th is a Federal holiday and USPS is closed.  

3 Likes
MinkelMagnets
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here! My processing time to ship was 4 days. 2 of those were Sunday and Monday (Memorial Day), which did not have USPS delivery. I could not ship Friday (the day of the order) or Saturday (Out of town). Esty's projected shipping dates appear not to include National/Federal holidays.

Meanwhile, I got my star status reduced because I could not "ship my order on time". Which actually I did, with the USPS shipping services provided. No I did not change/extend the shipping dates order. I was out of town without cell phone service. I do have a life beyond Etsy order fulfillment, and am quite frankly, excellent at doing so.

The point: Etsy doesn't include shipping delays, due to holidays when USPS shipping isn't available, in their algorithm and sellers take the hit for that in their stats. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

They have never accounted for postal holidays in any country. You don't have to "take the hit" for it. Etsy provides tools for sellers to use in that situation. It's up to the seller to manage that and adjust the ship by date if needed. If you need instructions on how to do that it's covered in the Help Center here https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015588087-How-to-Set-Processing-Times-and-Ship-By-Dates?s...

scroll down to the header that says How to update the “ship by” date for an order. Instructions there

2 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

In the future, mark the holidays on your calendar and if you get an order you can always extend your ship-by date.  Then you won't be dinged.

1 Like
MinkelMagnets
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Imagine if you will, going camping/hiking on Friday morning, getting an order that afternoon, during a 4 day holiday, with Etsy posting a 4 day shipping window, which would be Memorial Day. In my opinion, they should have declared a 5 day shipping window to include 2 days of which there is no USPS shipping/delivery.

Yes, I am aware that I could have extended the shipping date. Cell phone coverage only for about 50 miles to our destination. I have, and do, put my shops on Vacation Mode, just to circumvent this situation. 
For a company that spends so much time, money, and energy in overly detailed practices, it just doesn't seem like that big of an ask that their shipping projection times would include national holidays in the USA. As I pay fees to Etsy from my sales, (Which have been increased) I'd prefer to have holidays included in my processing time, rather than endless suggestions, emails, marketing, and tips from Etsy. It seems as if there is a micro-focus these days on details, when I think it would benefit all if the shipping windows included national holidays.
Just my thoughts. Thank you, for your response,
Karen Minkel

Etsy Shops:
Flytomeshop
MinkelMagnets
Pickleball Barrel 
2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MinkelMagnets Etsy does not include weekends - because that is something standard around the world.  An order on a Friday with a 4-day shipping window would be due to ship by the following Thursday.

For example - I have 3-5 day shipping, to take into account daily delays in my life, as well as the various holidays I may have overlooked.

I received an order on Friday, and with my 3-5 day processing, my order shows "Ship by June 24th" - which is next Friday, the max. 5 days of my processing.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

And what about the rest of the world.  Just how would one chose holidays.

Christmas?  Half the world doesn't celebrate Christmas.

You are dealing with a global network.  We all need to make adjustmenst when using this site.

Sorry but your post rankles me. Have some regard for the rest of the world and what that entails for all, not just some.

3 Likes
QuirkyMakers
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy feels that they cannot keep track of postal holidays in every country so they do it for none. I have shipping set for 3 to 5 working days ….it covers most eventualities. 

1 Like
JiSTglass
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

same boat. Item ordered on a Thursday and shipped on Monday. I have every items set for 3-5 days processing time and calculated shipping. How could the item not have had a processing time associated with it if it's part of the calculated shipping? Just chatted with someone for quite a while who sent me links to articles but couldn't make any changes. Beyond suggesting I check every item listed, she directed me to this forum for answers or direction. 

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

BTW, if you don't want this to happen again, please note that Monday, June 20th is a Federal Holiday and USPS is closed.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello! We ask that you not share personally identifying information in the Forums. For that reason, your OP has been edited.

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

At the start of the Star Seller program, I renewed an item that sold out. When I did so, I didn't realize the processing time needed to be set again. (Either that or it was a glitch.)

Customer still bought it with no processing time set, and I shipped the same day.

My shipping metric got marked down for that. I always double check now.

1 Like
JiSTglass
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

good to know. I renew sold out items often

1 Like

Jump to solution

If the item is not in transit by the end of the day it was shipped on, Etsy considers it not shipped.  With one day you can run into that the item does not get into transit by the end of your processing time frame.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Something similar just happened to me.

My processing time is set at 1-2 week for the item I sold. I shipped it about 4 days after purchase (well within processing time) and Etsy marked it as late which reduced my perfect star seller shipping rating. How can I have this corrected?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I looked at quite a few of your items, your processing time is 1-3 days on all of the ones I looked at

however, you don't have delivery days, so are you missing something, like zip code, in your shipping profiles?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@VioletLaneCreative: Does the actual order show the correct processing time? Presuming that you have checked to make sure that your shipping profiles are correctly set up, you might want to read Etsy's response on https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Dinged-twice-for-a-missing-processing-time-NOT-MISSIN...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.