AidanLedSign
Inspiration Seeker

incorrect data entry and support request

I just opened my Etsy store and wanted to start selling. But when I opened my store, I realized later that I entered my date of birth incorrectly. I wrote a special date that I celebrated with my family. My identity document indicated a different date. For this reason, my store was stuck in the approval process.
When I want to reach the support team about these problems, I constantly get an automatic answer. I can't get support. When I want to close my store, I can't close it.
I think it should provide better support to buyers or sellers. Automated responses do not solve problems. If the biggest problem in the world is that I entered my date of birth incorrectly, I give you the money I earned from the sale and I want to close my store.
I really wish my request for help would be seen and I would be supported, I'm so sorry.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: incorrect data entry and support request

It is actually a very big problem entering a wrong date of birth when it comes to opening your business online, especially with that many scams going about.

All you can do is contact Etsy via the help section in your dashboard, open 1 ticket and keep replying to this with "I still need help" until a real person looks at it.

1 Like
AidanLedSign
Inspiration Seeker

I've been claiming for about 10 days with all the requests for help. I don't care anymore. I made a sale but I'm giving away my money. I asked for my store to be closed.
I gave ID address and all the legal information. It was just a different date I made. You have to have a chance to fix it.

0 Likes

@AidanLedSign   Did you reply to the email you received from Etsy?  The first go around is always a generic answer.  You then need to reply back with the request for what you need explained plainly.  Don't shoot me for saying that but Etsy does not know every single thing that happens in a shop.

If you want to close, you still need to contact Etsy.  Take the email you received and reply back to it.

THe birthdate is important for so many legal reasons.  I'm sorry you made the mistake and are now dealing with the fallout..

0 Likes

Your shop is shut, I get the uh-oh message

If you kept going, you would probably have had a fix, but having information like date of birth changed, is a massive thing where bank accounts and ID is concerned, so would probably have taken about 3 weeks to go through the process, with the same ticket open
putting in a wrong date of birth, when platforms have to do fraud checks, is not a wise thing to do

I've been claiming for about 10 days with all the requests for help

If you open a new request, the old ones are closed, and the new ones go to the bottom of the queue, you need to keep the same ticket open, and reply to it each day that you still need help, it eventually goes up the queue to a real person.

1 Like
AidanLedSign
Inspiration Seeker

I asked for my store to be closed. I haven't received any help for 10 days and now I'm very angry. I expected a more professional attitude. it's very sad not to be taken seriously. it's like an insult.

0 Likes

I can see the shop with the "taking a break" vacation banner, so it's still open.

0 Likes

I now see the " taking a break"  it looks like it was closed, but is now on vaccation - maybe etsy is in the middle of doing stuff

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@AidanLedSign  If you want to close your shop, you have to do it yourself.

1 Like

0 Likes
AidanLedSign
Inspiration Seeker

Hello.
Thank you for your concern. Yes, I responded to the mails, I requested support from different topics, but all the answers are automatic mails. Etsy does not want to help. Etsy cannot distinguish between real people and scammers by acting like this.
I am not celebrating my birthday on the date indicated on my ID. I indicated the day that is special for me. I made a mistake, yes there must be a way to fix it.

0 Likes

You have to open 1 ticket only,

when you get the automatic reply, you reply to it, saying that it doesn't solve your problem, and you still need help,
and I reply to it once a day, if they have not come back to me.

1 ticket, and keep replying to that one.

do not open another, as the previous ones will be shut, and you go back to the bottom of the queue, and it will never be fixed.

Etsy needs your date of birth, that matches your ID, for international money laundering laws, you can't just decide to give them a different day, it's a huge red flag

It takes time, on 1 ticket, it has to, or anyone could pretend to be you, and get everything changed to them.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.