how to open another shop after getting suspended in the first one

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

I have many questions and need answers pls, my account has been suspended and I'm waiting for answers from Etsy within these two weeks, if I open another account in the same laptop and same wifi that this suspension happened on will it happen again or should I change the IP address of my laptop and my wifi, and can the IP Mac change or not and if you have any method that I can use to solve this problem and work again please help me.

the second question is if I change the content from account to sell digital to an phisycal traditional account is there any problem with that, and the last thing I'm about to made my customer's product and when etsy suspended my account they returned the full money to the customer and now I have minus in my account if I send the product with the tracking number will etsy ask the buyer for this money or nothing will happen, Please I need answers guys.

thanks a lot

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to open another shop after getting suspended in the first one

Jump to solution

If you are suspended, any new shops you try to open will probably be suspended too. You should probably sell elsewhere, not on etsy.

As to your second question, no, etsy will not ask the buyer for money after they have been refunded.

View solution in original post

7 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You need to resolve the issue with this shop (in your favor) or you will never be able to open another shop on Etsy.  

You can sell digital or physical items or both digital and physical in the same shop.

If you send product after the customer has been refunded you lose both money and product,  Etsy will not help you get the money from the customer.  Some customers might feel obligated to pay or return the merch, but most will not.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@HandicraftByMarouane   You need to file with support over a permanently suspended account.   You will need to show Etsy that you do handmake your rugs.  You might want to take the time to see if your photos have been stolen.  The BOTS find similar elsewhere they feel the seller is not handmaking.

Your about page is the place to show how you are making.designing the items.

Were these rugs made by others that you purchased to sell?  Etsy does not allow fair trade on Etsy.  All makers would have to be listed in your shop.

2 Likes
30 Replies

Jump to solution

If you are determined to open another store, I suggest you do so on Ebay or Amazon.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

yes, I'll but i sell handmade and etsy support us that's why i need to work her

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ofc I do, that's why i'm here 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you are suspended, any new shops you try to open will probably be suspended too. You should probably sell elsewhere, not on etsy.

As to your second question, no, etsy will not ask the buyer for money after they have been refunded.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

thanks so i'll tell her to buy it again in another shop or to pay me through any other banks, right.

0 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Were you reselling a Moroccan jacket?

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Jump to solution

They were selling rugs.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

moroccan rugs

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Depending on the reason, they will hunt you down and suspend account after account if you manage to open any. Also, Etsy doesn't like VPN and won't even let you log in thanks to endless captcha.

I'd suggest waiting for Etsy to react to your suspension appeal tickets [which can take weeks, especially at this time of year]. If they suspend you permanently, I'd strongly suggest to give up. They will hunt you down either by IP, your address, wifi-login data, etc.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

they tell me that my account is permanantly suspended and they said if you violoted etsy's policies more than once with a warning then they will suspended but if not i have to resolve the poblem and gitting my account back that's why i want to open another one 

0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

That will depend on the reason for Suspension

If only a temporary suspension, the email should tell you what you need to do to have the suspension lifted.
If a permanent suspension (ie your shop closed by Etsy) then you can appeal the suspension --but there is no guarantee your appeal will be successful

Read this:

How to Reinstate Your Suspended Account – Etsy

If you are permanently suspended --ie your shop closed permanently by Etsy -- then you are not allowed to open another shop --ever,
If you do try -- whether or not you change IP address etc -- then that shop will also be closed. Etsy uses more than just IP addresses to match new shops to previously closed shops.

And if Etsy have refunded you customers their money, they will not recoup the money or pay you if you subsequently send out the goods

3 Likes

Jump to solution

yes, i did it and i wait for two weeks and got a msg that said your account is permanantly suspended and i filed another appeal now because in the first one i didn't resolve the problem that i do but now i did and i'm waiting 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@HandicraftByMarouane   You need to file with support over a permanently suspended account.   You will need to show Etsy that you do handmake your rugs.  You might want to take the time to see if your photos have been stolen.  The BOTS find similar elsewhere they feel the seller is not handmaking.

Your about page is the place to show how you are making.designing the items.

Were these rugs made by others that you purchased to sell?  Etsy does not allow fair trade on Etsy.  All makers would have to be listed in your shop.

2 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You need to resolve the issue with this shop (in your favor) or you will never be able to open another shop on Etsy.  

You can sell digital or physical items or both digital and physical in the same shop.

If you send product after the customer has been refunded you lose both money and product,  Etsy will not help you get the money from the customer.  Some customers might feel obligated to pay or return the merch, but most will not.

1 Like

Jump to solution

yes, thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

" if I open another account in the same laptop and same wifi that this suspension happened on will it happen again "

YES.

If Etsy has permanently closed your store, you will NEVER be able to have another shop on Etsy ever again.

"if you have any method that I can use to solve this problem and work again please help me."

We will NOT help you circumvent Etsy's Terms of Use.

"I'm about to made my customer's product and when etsy suspended my account they returned the full money to the customer"

DO NOT send anything. The customer has been refunded. You have no obligation, and shouldn't loose money by sending something out you won't get paid for.

"Please I need answers guys."

WAIT for Etsy to make their decision about your shop. If you were breaking Etsy's rules by selling prohibited items or items that didn't adhere to the Terms of Use, the suspension will be permanent.

You can try to file an appeal, but be prepared for it not to work.

Find some other place to sell instead of trying to cheat the rules.

2 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I don't know how, but they've already opened a new shop with a single digital item listed.  I don't see this ending well.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Vintorious 

How do you see that?

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Shop name MarouUDis...same contact/owner name. ETA: I was trying to see a cached version of their shop, and a host of others that looked a bit similar came up. I realize that different people can have the same name, but this is too weird to be coincidental.

1 Like

Jump to solution

No it's not me with that new account just we have same name idk how that can be possible he live in spain and i'm from morocco

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Jump to solution

That's strange. They lived in Morocco when I first checked.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

idk how they did that, but if i open another account will be suspended too 

0 Likes

Betreff: how to open another shop after getting suspended in the first one

Jump to solution

@HandicraftByMarouane 

They will most likely close that shop too. And please don't ask how to trick Etsy, that's immoral.

I get the impression that you were violating the handmade policy. Your banner says "We're curators of morrocan stories", which sounds like you were reselling. That's not allowed on Etsy. Items must be handmade by you or by someone else (production partner) according to your designs. 

7 Likes

Betreff: how to open another shop after getting suspended in the first one

Jump to solution

Etsy said if you violated etsy's policies more than once with a warning then they will suspend it permanantly, that's why i want to open another one because they wronged me i know i violated etsy's policies but it's my first time i need another chance. and i have a partner who made these rugs for me accoding my designs.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.