hand delivered / no label

I haven't used Etsy in over a year and just recently opened my shop up again. Someone local ordered from me and picked the order up but then I had no way of making a label. I finally just put Ontrac and a made up tracking to get the order 'completed'. Well then another local person ordered and we did the same thing and now I'm realizing that doing what I did before lowers my shipping score (this is something new that didn't exist before). So now I have two 'dings' for shipping. Ugh. I use to often get local people that wanted to meet up or pick up and I never had an issue, but now there's no way to complete the order without hurting the shipping score thing. 

I'm assuming Etsy doesn't want sellers to sell locally without still shipping? How much does the shipping score matter?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
8 Replies
PawPets
Crafty Poster

Re: hand delivered / no label

I'd contact Etsy support and ask what they suggest you do.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@PotteryLodge  What you are doing makes it look like you are taking buyers money and not mailing the product. Etsy is not set up for personal delivery or pickup. If any of your customers complain to Etsy, they will be refunded from your account 

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

If you are selling many items locally, maybe set up another shop elsewhere (not on Etsy) ... this saves on fees & your Star Seller metrics.

1 Like

To have star seller, you would need to mail them a thank you note or something with letter rate shipping (Pitney Bowes) with Etsy.

1 Like
IndustrialBlonde
Conversation Maker

Yes!  This!  A thank you note or even a receipt. Just let the buyer know that the tracking number is for the note or invoice. They will understand. 

0 Likes

Just to avoid any possible confusion, this solution / work around is only available for US Sellers with access to the Pitney Bowes Letter Etsy Label

0 Likes

It is not possible to "manufacture" Tracking Numbers.

This is straight from the Etsy Help Center information

"What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping. "

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

There are 2 separate requirements where Shipping with Tracking is concerned. 

1) Completing an Order according to Etsy Guidelines

2) Completing and Order accordeing to Star Seller Program Guidelines

When is a tracking number required? 

Tracking will not be required in the following instances: 

• Digital items, including custom digital items
  • Customized order additions linked to another order
  • Orders not being shipped (local pickup/delivery)
  • Oversized and heavy items

If you need to indicate an exception other than what is listed, you’ll see an option to indicate This order doesn't have tracking below the tracking number field. You can then add a quick explanation for why you can’t add tracking for an order.

Adding tracking to your physical orders is one of the criteria for the Star Seller badge. Completing an order without adding tracking will not count as a tracked order towards Star Seller eligibility. 

For an order to qualify for Etsy Purchase Protection, it must include valid tracking. 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015774228-How-to-Add-Tracking-and-Complete-an-Order?segme...

1 Like
AnnalieByJasmine
Inspiration Seeker

This happened to me too, I’m new to this, I was confused. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.