Hi, when browsing via Etsy I noticed that some listings are all black - first picture is not visible ... I jumped into my shop and noticed the same! Is there something going on?

RixiBeeCo
Inspiration Seeker

Re: first pictures all black - not visible!

Jump to solution

Any updates or ideas? I'm having this issue as well. And I'm seeing it from my PC along with the app. I'm a new shop with almost 100 listings and this just makes me look like a flake. I've tried resizing, not changing the thumbnail photo, zooming in, zooming out, reuploading a new photo, cleaning out my cookies, etc.... Very frustrating trying to start a new shop and this is happening. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
RixiBeeCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Just took 5 screenshots of different shops, mine included, on the same page showing this happening. Five on one page! Something isn't right.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am seeing black boxes instead of product photos when I print my orders.  I also have one order that just came in and there is no photo at all.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Still the same today. It's been over a month since this issue was reported.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here;

black or white instead of product photos...

0 Likes
LaLunaArtPrints
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I found by going in a switching your photos around, adjusting the thumbnail for the main picture and then saving it goes away....BUT then randomly when I log back in it will have either gone black again or the main picture is zoomed in to the corner of the frame...

Not a good look at all for sellers. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I have a lot of items where the main picture is blurred, magnified, black or white when I go to shop manager. I click on "view on etsy" and the photo comes up, but to the left, it looks weird as in shop manager. I went in and edited thumbnail, and it seemed to fix the ones I did...BUT, I don't have time to do them all...so how does this affect my sales when they aren't showing up correctly??

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Me too, Etsy told me to clear cache, history, use different browser (my browser is even Etsy approved) - all the standard stuff they tell you when they know these things don't work, anything to get you off chat. I even sent jpeg photos for them to see. Guess what, it all looks great on their end (so they tell me). My site and others have blacked out boxes and enlarged images even blanked out spaces for pics that were never there before and somehow it is all my fault for just simply using the site I pay them for.

4 Likes
ZolaPepper
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I just spoke to Etsy support chat and showed them screen shots of the problem, and they said they would report the issue to Etsy Technical Support.  If enough of us do this, I'm sure they will take it seriously...I hope.

3 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Betreff: first pictures all black - not visible!

Jump to solution

thumbnail in sale today first black, now missing and 1 green thumbnail in a necklace.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Me too, some are all blurry or black!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The black pic is gone, & now  blown up blurry photos 7 & 9 are on that ad!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I also have been infected with the nasty "black tile" disease.

I LOVE ETSY!!!!!

7 Likes

Jump to solution

You have a blank white thumbnail on your Tracy Reece listing in the first page your shop. How will we sell items if buyers can't see them?

0 Likes
NixAeterna
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Blank / black / blown up / blurry pics in my listings, too.

Just another day on Etsy.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I had this in my own shop, as well as some listings that have the thumbnail image zoomed WAY in or at a strange angle. 

The hits just never end!

5 Likes

Jump to solution

So it’s February 20th 2023 and these black and distorted search listings are still happening. So it’s been a month without correction. Wondering if the Etsy Platform has outgrown the storage capacity? Who knows?

3 Likes
C20Ceramics
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is still happening moderators if you can pass this on to someone to do something about it....It was supposedly "fixed" a month ago, but obviously has not been fixed as it is getting worse. 

3 Likes
XorShop
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

So, I have this issue as well. It's completely random - I fix one and another one gets black. After I went through ALL my listings on my laptop and thought I'd fixed them all - I opened the seller app on my iPhone and HALF my shop is just black thumbnails... Some listings have more than one black image, not just the first one. Just to make it all clear to you all - this is how the buyers are seeing your listings. I've cleared my cache and opened Etsy on incognito mode (did this with a different computer as well) and not only are those black thumbnails still in my shop - they are EVERYWHERE on Etsy. I even saw *ADS* with black thumbnails - people are actually paying for this! This is completely nuts! I've contacted support via chat, and got the copy paste "clear your cache, everything looks fine from here" BS response. I'm at a loss. After 8 months of working my bum off I finally start making sales, and then bam! Like a switch went off. And now I know why. I just can't cope with this, and it seems like there's no one to talk to. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I just did the text chat thing too and am afraid I am going to receive the same 'fixes' none of which I am going to do.  It's an Etsy problem.  Not sure how they can afford for us not to be making money for them....

1 Like

Jump to solution

The first item in my shop starts with the title 

Marilyn Duo Portraits Cardboard Stand Up...

A few days ago it started showing a blank black box, then a blank gray box and now it is a blank white box. If I search using the title words above, the thumbnail also shows a blank box in search results. 

Who on earth would ever click on it?

Etsy, we do expect a functional platform for the fees we pay.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I can't believe it! After all this waiting for a fix now the first two items in my shop have blank thumbnails. Maybe it spreads like chickenpox.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Please would someone check out my shop for me to see if all those black/brown/grey boxes are there for others, not just me. It seems to be getting worse - yesterday just one or two grey boxes, today all over the shop! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I quickly went through each page of your shop and saw 6 solid boxes where there should be a listing photo.  The boxes are different colors, not just black or white but when I click on the listing I can see all of your photos including the listing photo.
I searched Butler and Wilson pink moonglow earrings and your listing came up with a white box for the photo.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for looking, it is as I'd thought - not good. I have reported it to Etsy but they aren't doing anything about this in the face of so many adverse comments. Apart from reporting it, and posting in the forum, there's little else sellers can do. I begrudge my fees!

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.