Hi, when browsing via Etsy I noticed that some listings are all black - first picture is not visible ... I jumped into my shop and noticed the same! Is there something going on?

Aidille
Crafty Poster

Re: first pictures all black - not visible!

Jump to solution

This is happening to my shop as of today.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, still a problem in both of my shops as of this evening. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I just set up a new listing, and the picture is black !!!

2 Likes
BrushMarkStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have the same problem as of 2 days, it's quite annoying

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi again. Still happening but now i have some weird zoomed in effect on a couple of pics and coloured squares instead of just black! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Half of my shop is showing weirdly super zoomed in photos. Some of the first photos are solid black or white. Seeing this in the recent activity section too; whatever item my customer favorited is a blank image. Checked on a few different browsers and devices with the same results. 

My other shop is totally normal, without issues for reference. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

This definitely needs to be fixed but I'm wondering if not everyone is seeing the same thing, is it user dependent?  I just looked at @Artsybirdiedesign , @PosieAndMarmalades and @BrushMarkStore shops and everything looks normal.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@Artsybirdiedesign yeah, you have a grey box on page one and a dark green box on page 2. I'm not seeing the weird zooming as far as I can tell.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Amaradorn Thank you for checking and letting me know. I noticed Saturday night into Sunday that this issue was also affecting my other main shop. Lots of blacked out photos. 

@ColorfulCastAndCrew I think you may be right, that it is affecting only certain users? Now that I am seeing it in both of my shops. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ColorfulCastAndCrew  I saw it in imperfectlyworthy's shop

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wow! I checked her shop yesterday when I saw her post and everything looked normal. Today there are a ton of black, white and brown boxes where the listing images should be. 

@ampersay, @t2afc8tpmxcuf4b8  - Can someone please look into this? Several of us are seeing this in @imperfectlyworthy  shop.

1 Like

Jump to solution

My shop too. Some black pics or colored boxes. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Again, I'm wondering if this is user dependent, all your images look normal to me @SewCraftPatternShop .

1 Like

Jump to solution

@ColorfulCastAndCrew  Okay! Thanks a bunch. It's good to know. 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I just got a black photo when trying to adjust a thumbnail. I went back and adjusted it again and now it's fine (I think). It's still in draft mode so I'll see later if it publishes okay.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I had this happen to me yesterday. I had to keep deleting and re-uploading the same photo. After several times it stuck but then I went back an hour later and it was black again : (

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am seeing it too and when I print my packing slip/receipt, there are black squares there as well.   It looks like it's been a month since this thread started and it's still a problem? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It’s not user dependent as mine have several listing photos that are seriously zoomed. These aren’t new listings nor are they sized incorrectly. It started about 4 days ago. On my seller app all looks well. I go to my shop and several are all jacked up. So I had others that aren’t Etsy sellers go look at my shop from their devices. Same thing. Same listings that are jacked up when I look, are jacked up when they look. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just checked my shop, I now have some grey, black and brown boxes as the first listing image.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same issue, black boxes for the first listing photo or very zoomed in images. I have also noticed the black box for the image when printing invoices. When I adjust the zooming on the initial photo it has seemed to correct the problem from what I can tell.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@SoSweetPartyShop I just found that you can turn off the images on the invoice/packing slip in the related settings.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

One of my customers contacted me regarding this issue we are all experiencing... blacked out photo, enlarged zoomed in photos. They kindly gave me a url link (see below) to a screenshot they took to show me what they see on one of my listings as well. It only appears if you are not logged in. It is what a person searching from google would see and click on, ie the ads. I don't believe this is a browser issue. It is a deliberate coding issue. I think this may have something to do with our photo issues. Have any of you seen this on your listings and having the black or zoomed photo issues as well? The thing that really irks me is that this "Find Similar Items" button appears right on top of my product photo! What the heck Etsy... not cool. Is this another failed test? 

https://www.etsy.com/img/icm/aa7bbb/525971761/icm_fullxfull.525971761_b01bt9y8ac08okwgog08.png?versi...

3 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@rosyposydesigns I think that is unrelated. As far as I can tell it's a test. There have been other threads complaining about it. But it is interesting if it all started happening at about the same time - maybe the update broke to add that button something else.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes I am having both issues…what in the world is going on I wonder my goodness.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I viewed my shop on a Chrome Book and all my photos showed. On my Windows 7/Opera Browser PC some photos still show black or a blank color square. One of my sales notifications today showed a black photo but when I went to print the packing slip the photo was present. I'm using an outdated OS, that might be it, and perhaps an unsupported browser as well. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.