GraficosValencia
Inspiration Seeker

disabled by Etsy

Good afternoon. I just started on Etsy and I don't really know how it works. Yesterday Etsy blocked my store. After filing a claim, they informed me that an error had occurred, and the store became active. As of that time, my only listing has been disabled by Etsy. The listing is for a digital download of a watercolor depicting a leaf. I don't know what the problem is and I have consulted support several times and I don't receive a response, what should I do?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: disabled by Etsy

Your store looks open but very unfinished. I would concentrate on making sure you add a banner, policies, about me section, seller image etc.. then start making listings

2 Likes
GraficosValencia
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you very much for your answer

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Your shop is open with no shop location and no listings.

1 Like
GraficosValencia
Inspiration Seeker

thank you!

0 Likes
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

It is best to find out how exactly how Etsy works before opening the shop, read the seller handbook you will need to know what you are allowed to sell here, how to set up your listings for best results, also what fees you will be paying so it's not a surprise to you later on. Your shop is currently not finished so get all of this other stuff done first before you start listing products for sale. 

2 Likes
GraficosValencia
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for your answer

1 Like

Even though it was a watercolor, sometimes the bots have a hard time distinguishing from physical items (real plants vs fake), paintings, or anything else. It is possible a word in the listing was flagged due to a dangerous plant, or invasive, or any other reason why they might ban a specific plant. I have no idea if this is what happened, but since you are new you should understand that's a possibility. 

Also since you are new be aware of the scams going around. New shops are targets - they often say they need your email to complete a transaction, or that you need to get reverified in order to stay open. 

4 Likes
GraficosValencia
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your answer, it seems that Etsy is quite a bit more complicated than I thought

0 Likes

It could have been NOT etsy but a scammer posing as Etsy.. They target new sellers. They tell them they are Etsy and their shop has been suspended and they need your email (Etsy HAS your email) and that you need to reverify your account..and they steal your info and wipe out your bank account. BE AWARE. If Etsy closed your shop and you went to it you'd see a banner that said you were "catching up on orders" or "not currently selling on Etsy". If Etsy sends you a message it will be in your Etsy message folder ( you can't see that via the seller app, use the buyer app or a browser)

2 Likes
GraficosValencia
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you very much for your answer. The store was put into vacation mode and I requested a review from the Etsy website and that's when they told me that it was an error. But I'm really having communication problems because I don't even receive notice that you are responding to me in the forum when I did select to receive notice. Thanks again for your warning and I will be careful.

0 Likes
ElysianArtisanCA
Conversation Maker

You filled out a form.. are you sure you didnt get scammed and provided your info then they turned your store back on.. because it sounds very very odd.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.