deactivated item - should I just wait for ETSY to reactivate?

Jump to solution

I  got an email regarding an item I sell. I am quite sure it is NOT violating an ETSY policy. Should I just wait the 10 days for it to be reviewed or should I contact them regarding it?

Lill

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: deactivated item - should I just wait for ETSY to reactivate?

Jump to solution

So it is back today! I guess they looked at it and felt it was an error to take it down. YAY!

View solution in original post

6 Likes
23 Replies

Jump to solution

I've just had the same thing from Etsy, do you have to wait 10 days to contact them?

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TinyPlanetTreasures No that's not what my email said. It said they were reviewing it and IF reinstated it would be available within 10 business days. My question is should I just wait for that to happen or should I reach out to them?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Did it have "amber" in the title or tags?

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Also had the same thing happen to me. The first time a few months ago they said it was an error. It looks like the same thing again and took about 3-5 business days to re-list the item.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

is this a robot who is responsible for this? All of a sudden one of my items was deactivated and received not a pleasant message from Etsy.

Im in the dark as to why this is.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@OeiCeramics 

My email told me the policy they thought the item was violating.  But I know it is clearly not.

1 Like
MadGirlRetro
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@OeiCeramics, the email I received was also not pleasant. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If this is a handmade violation, I'd appeal right away. Don't wait 10 days to lose your listing quality score. Get chat or a callback. 

(There have been a glut of these in the past 2 days)

9 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Cindy,

I have called, have chat with support, have written support. They told me that they send it forward to trust. But after all this i receive a mail from another automated robot saying nothing new.

Dont know what to do anymore. Its disheartening.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@OeiCeramics make a fuss - keep replying to Etsy. Go to social media. Post proof the item is handmade. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2  No apparently the violation was drug paraphernalia which was way off track. All is well now though!

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@LazyCatBeads  Sometimes the automated system makes an error and it has to be reviewed by a human who will re-activate the listing if the item is not in violation. You should wait for the email like I did. Once you know what the issue is you can avoid it in future listings.

Can you give us some details about the item? Sometimes there's one word that is not accepted by the system which would prompt the deactivation.  I see in this thread you ruled out "amber". 

Like I said it can be an error, which you think it is, and you won't know the details until you hear from Etsy staff. Be patient.

1 Like

Jump to solution

So it is back today! I guess they looked at it and felt it was an error to take it down. YAY!

6 Likes
VooVooDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Congratulations!

I had a best selling item taken down yesterday.

First I did a chat. She said she'd send it as priority to "the team".

An hour or so later I received an email from said team saying that my item violated handmade policy and I could not appeal the decision.

My items are 100% handmade and I'd supply proof if they'd asked.

I replied, with no hot words, stating that they were mistaken.

Have heard nothing further.

What were all the steps you took to get your listing reinstated? Or did you simply wait?

After this happened to me I've found multiple threads from sellers in the same surreal situation.

Wonder how many have experienced this but have not made their way to the forums?

4 Likes
GingerSquigglesX
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I've had 3 of my first items taken down  but haven't had an email about anything!! I tried contacting support via the form online and heard nothing. How do I appeal it or find more info about why its been taken down?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@VooVooDesign  Do you think it's because you have listed shells which are not handmade but listed as such? I think they are more of a supply but I could be wrong.  I did nothing except wait for them to review the item. It was back in my shop 2 days later so they must have realized the error.

1 Like
VooVooDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The item deactivated was a wire nose ring.

My shells are listed as handmade supplies. They are handmade supplies. I collect them from the beach, then I wash and rinse them, then I remove any "goobies" like sea ickums stuck to the shells. After that they're rinsed again, dried, and sorted by size.

0 Likes
SusquehannaGlass
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing. This past year two items were said to be in violation of the hand-made policy. I contacted Etsy and both times the items were reactivated. Then in November I had another new item deactivated for the same reason that is in error. However, this time they removed our Star Seller status saying that we have had multiple violations and are threatening suspension which is so unfair when we have done nothing wrong. We have not received emails even alerting us to this. I feel that the chat and phone support don't look at previous correspondence to see that previous claims were overturned, they just see that we've had three and not that Etsy was in the wrong. I am getting pretty frustrated by all of this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Super long story, but a person with a fraudulent sellers account counter claimed several of my designs after I reported her.  Nine of my items were deactivated, and the 10 business days have passed, but I cannot seem to reactivate them.  Does it take longer, will Etsy remove the “deactivation “ status or do I need to relist?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ShimmerandSassbySue: "... claimed several of my designs ..." Was this due to DCMA claim? If so, did you file a counter claim to get them reactivated? https://www.etsy.com/legal/ip-counter/ might provide some information you need.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes I did file

the counter and got an email telling me I could reactive or relist after 10 business days if the other party did not provide court order.  That seller is actually being sued for IP infringement right now.  So I’ve had mine deactivated because she got mad that I reported her.  But now that shop is closed and my items are still in limbo.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SusquehannaGlass Use this from the help center

Why Is My Listing Inactive? – Etsy Help

scroll down to the bottom and click no this didn't answer your question, then I would like to speak with a member of Etsy support, then if you get an email with what is considered a canned reply, keep hitting the I need more help phrase , until you get a real person to look at it.

Don't  start another ticket as then Etsy support thinks this one has been answered. I am sorry you are going through this.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.