can't resize thumbnail for main mockup photo Etsy page

hello, is anyone else having a problem getting the main pic to resize so that it looks great in the photo on the Etsy page? I've never had this problem before, but recently no matter how many times i hit save after resizing to fit perfect it just goes back to the original size. i've got frame mockup pics which show the frame quite small. i don't want to cut the rest of the interior out just for the Etsy page pic. I've got great frame mockups which i paid a pretty penny for, i don't want to have to waste them. it's been going on for about 2/3weeks now, thought it would just get resolved, but it's not doing. 

thanks

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
20 Replies

Re: can't resize thumbnail for main mockup photo Etsy page

It has a bug. Try listing it with the photo wrong, then go back in and edit it. Sometimes that works.

0 Likes

thanks for that, i'll have to try something like that. otherwise i'll have to start cutting down the pics, which will annoy. but thanks anyway. enjoy your day

0 Likes

I had that issue this weekend when creating 2 new listings this weekend. I just kept adjusting and saving until it stuck. It took about 4 tries on each listing.

0 Likes

same, on one of mine it just would not do it! in the end i have to cut down the pic, very very annoying, i wish they'd hurry up and do something about it!

but thanks, at least i now know it isn't just me then,

bye

0 Likes

Square photos work best for thumbnail as it has the correct center.  Vertical does not work as well and somethimes not at all.

More information on photo size in Help.

0 Likes

i'll have to try that, bye

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Not square. The primary photo needs a 5:4 ratio to fit properly without being cut off.

0 Likes

My work around (which has worked several times) is to resize the thumbnail, publish, notice the thumbnail is not resized, edit the listing, see the thumbnail is resized, publish, see the listing has the resized thumbnail. Ie, the resize is there you need to nudge it out. Clearly a bug.

1 Like

thanks for the info, bye 

0 Likes

@BTWLLondon 

Have you contacted Etsy support directly with the issue? If they aren't aware of a bug they can't fix it. They changed this to a peer to peer support forum a while ago. If you need Etsy support you need to contact them directly. 

0 Likes

This bug has been happening for months. There is no tech/bug reporting option anymore -- you have to go thru a CSR who doesn't understand tech issues.  We pay to use this service, and Etsy is a very established company, so there there is no excuse for this poor service.  Me having to go back into my listing 2 or 3 times to resize the main thumbnail is completely ridiculous and not a solution. 

2 Likes

The thumbnail will resize if you get it to show while when you are making the listing, publish , and then refresh the page. It should show up the way you edited then.

0 Likes

@DandelionDustVintage it is very inconsistent. It never resizes while creating the original listing. If I go back into the listing to edit, it works half the time. Usually on the third try it will take.

This never used to be a problem though. It is a bug that needs to be fixed. 

1 Like

I have better luck getting it to stick if I let all the other pix load completely before trying to adjust it. Sometimes I go to preview and back and then it works. 

0 Likes

it doesn’t make a difference for me if I let everything load. I always have to back into the listing and edit it again until it holds.

Bottom line is it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Editing the thumbnail used to work fine. Now it doesn’t.  

1 Like

I totally agree. It worked for years with zero issues and now it does not. Somebody changed something.

1 Like
DigitalThingsUK
Inspiration Seeker

This is still happening, unfortunately Etsy help is a complete waste of time, they simply don't read anything you put in a reply, even when sending them examples they just ignore anything you say and reply with what can only be described as pure drivel, i think I'm at 8 different replies now and not 1 of them has bothered to actually read any of my emails to them, its now become a joke to see how far from the issue will their next reply be. i can only describe it as pathetic.

0 Likes

Almost the 1-year anniversary of this glitch!! Still happens from time to time in my shop. Experiencing it again this week. 

3 Likes

still going on too, just uploaded yesterday & still had to cut my pics to fit them. too annoying

0 Likes

I'm still having this problem as well. I've resized my images as other's have suggested to no avail. I don't know if the images look chopped off to others, but they do on my desktop computer. Tired of things not getting resolved, and no way to get technical support.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.