buyers are entering more characters than allowed in personalization box

I have an outfit set to allow only 1 letter due to size constraints, however, lately it has been allowing multiple letters on some and of course buyers do not read instructions so I have received orders with full phrases in it that in no way will fit on the garment.  Not only is it time consuming to have to reach out and try to correct but this has ended up in my having to cancel orders due to lack of message response from buyers.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I try to duplicate it and it only allows me to enter 1.  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: buyers are entering more characters than allowed in personalization box

I just tried it on the one with a 1 character limit and it only will let me enter 1 letter. I tried more and got an error message.

0 Likes

@PoshBabyBlooms: This forum is full of posts about issues with the personalization box. Perhaps this particular problem is limited to the platform where the order was placed (app, browser, mobile, desktop, etc).

0 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

If they can only pick one letter, do you have any variations free?  That way you can put a variation with all the different letters in and an option for no letter and they will have to pick one just to continue with the sale.

0 Likes

Betreff: buyers are entering more characters than allowed in personalization box

The problem seems to be that while Etsy performs a check on the input box by displaying a red warning when you go above the character limit, it doesn't stop you from proceeding to checkout.

E. G. I can simply enter as many characters as I want, ignore the warning and still proceed to checkout. Probably not much you can do here apart from the other suggested solution of eliminating the input field all together and offering a drop down variation for all letters instead. 

0 Likes

Betreff: buyers are entering more characters than allowed in personalization box

If I input more than 1 character, it will not let me add to cart

this is chrome on a desktop.

it may be different on app/mobile.

(or the listing I checked is setup correctly and others are missing the limit)

0 Likes

Yes yoh are right, doesn't work on the app for me either. 

I checked on Desktop using Firefox browser. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.