qqquestions
Inspiration Seeker

blocking of funds

Etsy returned money to buyers on 7 orders already fulfilled and stopped transactions on 2. For more than a week the support team replied with general phrases. After two agents took turns confirming that it was a mistake on Etsy's part and that the money would be refunded in the TIME NEXT TIME. Even assigned a problem number. But nothing happened. And for two days now they just ignore my messages. In other words, they don't respond at all. What to do? How to solve the issue?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: blocking of funds

As far as your money issue only Etsy can help you. Keep replying to one message that you still need help and do not continue to send new messages. The issue may be with what you are selling. You are listing your items as handmade. What part of it is handmade? It appears, and correct me if I am wrong, that you are reselling prints. Items on Etsy need to be handmade or designed by you, vintage or supplies.

2 Likes
qqquestions
Inspiration Seeker

the problem is that Etsy is ignoring me. They just haven't responded to my chat messages since May 14

0 Likes
qqquestions
Inspiration Seeker

Let's go over it again: two support agents admitted that the funds were charged by mistake and will be returned "very soon". there was no conversation about me breaking the rules. on the contrary, they confirmed that I was right. but they didn't return the money. and now they just don't respond. in this context, your thoughts don't make sense because you are discussing a different topic altogether.

0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

None of us can say why Support have stopped responding to you -- we are only sellers here like yourself

How did you talk to "support" ?

Was it through the Chat feature? In which case you were not talking to Etsy support at all, but to an outsourced call centre who can only answer certain queries according to a script. They have been known to be wrong before.

If it was via email from the Help Centre, then you need to keep responding to the email thread with "I still need help". Don't keep starting a new email as that sends you back to the end of the help queue but keep all your replies in the same email thread

As for people pointing out things wrong with your shop -- yes, that can have a bearing on how fast you get help. They will look at your shop and if there are problems with what you are selling you are likely to get pushed down the queue whilst they help shops that are in good standing.

4 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

" They will look at your shop and if there are problems with what you are selling you are likely to get pushed down the queue whilst they help shops that are in good standing."

I didn't know this, either.

1 Like
qqquestions
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your reply. I've talked both in the mail and in chat. In chat, two agents showed me screenshots of my account, gave me the problem number. And after that, they stopped talking. In the mail, unfortunately, also do not answer.

0 Likes

Are you the one that put your shop on vacation mode? Or did Etsy do it?

2 Likes
qqquestions
Inspiration Seeker

I did this because there are sales going on that are automatically deducted as "owed" on funds returned to customers.

0 Likes

This is infuriating, as well as frustrating. We might all expect more glitches in the system as AI takes a larger role in Etzy's operations. What is needed is a customer hotline for sellers' support.

2 Likes

"why is etsy ignoring my appeals?" - it can take weeks to get actual Etsy errors fixed. So even if there are no problems with your shop at all, you will still have to wait for all of the people ahead of you to get responses first. 

4 Likes
qqquestions
Inspiration Seeker

Today, Etsy refunded all withheld funds. Thank you all for your responses.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.