bank details changed on account

Jump to solution

My account was hacked last week, someone logged in and changed the bank details over to a new bank account. Luckily I noticed before they were able to confirm the bank account and have changed the password but I'm unable to change the details back to the old account as I don't know the full number of the bank account number the hacker changed it to. I contacted etsy on Monday and received a response straight back which I replied to, since then I've heard nothing and none has answered my new query I sent by email. I'm so stressed as there is now over £8000 in the account and I'm scared whoever it was will be able to hack in again and finish the job. Any clues of how to get hold of Etsy? I'm in the UK and there is no telephone number now.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: bank details changed on account

Jump to solution

Hello! sorry to hear about this!

I forwarded your concerns to our support team, and your case is being worked on as we speak - Moving forward, they will handle it directly with you, so please stay tuned to your email as they may reach out through there. 

Also please avoid starting multiple threads on the same or very similar topic, as this can cause confusion for other members. I've gone ahead and closed the corresponding duplicate threads. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Likes
6 Replies

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheKarmicChameleon 

set up 2 factor authentication, so you can only sign in, with your username and password AND the code sent to your mobile.

then log out, and log back in.

go to your security settings, and if anyone else is logged in, log them out

Remove the credit card on file, or put a date of earlier than today - or today if not, as etsy won't transfer money if there is no current card in the billing section.

Then that gives you time to sort things out with etsy and the police.

To have changed your bank account, they would have had to have known your bank account number

AND the new bank account must have been set up in your name (unless they also changed the name on your etsy account)

If they changed the name on your etsy account, change it back,

If they didn't, contact the bank that is set p, give them the last 4 digits, and the name that is on the bank account on etsy, and ask them to invesitgate

also get the police involved, you don't want a bogus account out their with your name on it, or it could happen in other places

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello! sorry to hear about this!

I forwarded your concerns to our support team, and your case is being worked on as we speak - Moving forward, they will handle it directly with you, so please stay tuned to your email as they may reach out through there. 

Also please avoid starting multiple threads on the same or very similar topic, as this can cause confusion for other members. I've gone ahead and closed the corresponding duplicate threads. 

Thank you!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I think this is a good opportunity to remind everyone with two factor authorization in their Etsy shop to make sure that they have their backup codes stored locally and they know where they are.

0 Likes
justgiftzUK
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Exactly the same thing has happened to me, i had £35,000 in my account. Etsy are not answering any of my support messages, they couldn't care less about sellers

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@justgiftzUK 

Etsy are not answering any of my support messages

you need to open 1 ticket, and keep replying to the bots, it then bumps it up the chain.

If you open more, they close the first one, and you are back to square one on the next, so you never get anywhere

they needed to know your old bank account number, and if the new one is in your name, contact the police for fraud, as you don't want someone else with a bank account in your name - apart from the fact steeling your money is also fraud

change the date on your billing card on file to today, then there will be no mare deposits after today, until you change it back, put your deposit date out to monthly, so you have time to sort it.

set up 2 step authentication so you get a code to your mobile for login
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015569567-How-to-Make-Your-Account-More-Secure?segment=sh...

when you have done that, in the same place, scroll down, and you can see if anyone else is logged in, if they are, log them out

run virus checker on your devices to check for keystroke checker,
as apart from that, and phishing, ( no clicking on e-mail links) then think how someone got hold of your old bank account number

put in legal policies asap, - 14 day return policy, GDPR policy, and your address, and e-mail address in sellers details, because without that, you don't have seller protection

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.