average shop rating is not correct

Jump to solution

hi everyone, my average shop rating changed to 4.73 once after a person gave me a one star rating for an item lost in the mail, after I solved the problem she changed it to 4 stars and my rating went up, but a short while afterwards it dropped out of the blue to 4.73 again and no matter how many 5 star ratings i received afterwards, it always stays the same, only once it came up to 4,74 for a day. this is an ongoing issue since the beginning of february. I wrote to Etsy help centre and I basically got the same answer twice, that the average shop rating is calculated over 12 months period and that I am still eligable to become a star seller. THEN this month something strange happened, on the 30th of april I saw two items were missing tracking information (not correct at all) and my -on time shipping rating- to become star seller dropped to 93 per cent, so i didnt become a star seller this month, two days afterwards, it spontaneously went up to 95 per cent even though I didn't undertake any action. This was really inconvenient, and completely had nothing to do with anything I had done. 

Is it normal that my shop rating doesn't change? How long does it usually take for the average rating to go up or down? And why did I experience spontaneous, random changes in star seller ratings the last day of the month that affected your star seller status? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: average shop rating is not correct

Jump to solution

You are asking about 2 different things.

The Average Star rating in your shops is based on reviews in the last 12 months. As the date passes, reviews before 12 months drop off, and the percentage changes based on the amount of reviews and the number of stars. If 5 star reviews drop off, leaving less than 5 star reviews, then yes, the average changes.

The reason your Star Seller status changed, is because on the 1st of the month, the review period changes. So on April 30th it was counting stats in the months of Feb, Mar and Apr. On May 1st, it was counting stats in the months of Mar, Apr and May. 
So a whole Month of stats, dropped of, thereby changing the percentages.

View solution in original post

2 Likes

Betreff: average shop rating is not correct

Jump to solution

There is your average shop rating based on the last 12 months and then there is your Star Seller review rating based on the last 3 months.

Calculation of your average shop rating:

You've received 45 reviews in the last 12 months

• 5 Stars: 38 (38 x 5 = 190)
  • 4 Stars: 04 (4 x 4 = 16)
  • 3 Stars: 02 (2 x 3 = 6)
  • 2 Stars: 00
  • 1 Star:    01 (1 x 1 = 1)

Stars in Total: 213

213 / 45 = 4,73

View solution in original post

5 Likes
4 Replies

Jump to solution

You are asking about 2 different things.

The Average Star rating in your shops is based on reviews in the last 12 months. As the date passes, reviews before 12 months drop off, and the percentage changes based on the amount of reviews and the number of stars. If 5 star reviews drop off, leaving less than 5 star reviews, then yes, the average changes.

The reason your Star Seller status changed, is because on the 1st of the month, the review period changes. So on April 30th it was counting stats in the months of Feb, Mar and Apr. On May 1st, it was counting stats in the months of Mar, Apr and May. 
So a whole Month of stats, dropped of, thereby changing the percentages.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi! So that's why on the 30th of april all of a sudden this other missing tracking info appeared? Thank you for taking time and answering me, it makes sense now why the average shop rating is still the same! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There is your average shop rating based on the last 12 months and then there is your Star Seller review rating based on the last 3 months.

Calculation of your average shop rating:

You've received 45 reviews in the last 12 months

• 5 Stars: 38 (38 x 5 = 190)
  • 4 Stars: 04 (4 x 4 = 16)
  • 3 Stars: 02 (2 x 3 = 6)
  • 2 Stars: 00
  • 1 Star:    01 (1 x 1 = 1)

Stars in Total: 213

213 / 45 = 4,73

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for this, very helpful indeed! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.