Will Etsy help fix listings “spoiled” in weekend listing “workarounds?”

Crazy how much time I spent trying to renew, relist & edit my Etsy & Pattern listings last weekend. I had tried a workaround by deactivating a listing to try to renew it from that mode…didn’t work.  But now, the listing shows “deactivated by Etsy,” it’s dimmed out & I can do nothing.  I think it got spoiled in the site update because it’s an old listing with sales & reviews since 2016 & ‘17. But noodling around, trying to see if there was an alternative renewal method? Oops… bad idea.

I tried getting help about the “damaged listing” 8 different ways now-including a DM to IG @etsysuccess - & every email addy I could scavenge but I’m not getting through any which way. So, if anyone had any ideas how to ask for site & listings technical help ( I even made a screenshot & text illustration of what’s going on ) please advise.

I tried to see if I could “open a case” as the listing had not expired yet, so was in fact paid for, but guess that’s not an option either.  I hope the new site updates are good ones!!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Will Etsy help fix listings “spoiled” in weekend listing “workarounds?”

Um, what?

Answer a few questions, scroll down to look for "I still need help" - you may get a chat or call-back option

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013375488-How-to-Contact-Etsy-Support?segment=shopping

I see you are in the US - I have reached Chat several times around this time of day!   Good luck, with whatever your issue is.

0 Likes

@WillOaksStudio 

As far as the listing goes, if you deactivated it then reactivated it then it was deactivated by etsy that sounds like a bot got it and deactivated it for violating something or other (sometimes just a single word will do it). The bots seem to get listings when they first list , renew or are re-activated. If the bot deactivated it then a human will review it in a couple days and reactivate it if it's good to go. It didn't get "spoiled" or "damaged" but rather picked up by a bot. What was the listing of? Did you possibly use the word amber in the listing? If so then that is the reason. Once a human reviews it they will put it back up if it's within the policy.

To get help from etsy support you have to go through the support ticket system. There is no direct email address to email. 

here is my usual blurb about how to contact etsy support for sellers-

How to contact etsy support for sellers

There is a direct link to the support ticket page in every shops shop manager - Just go to Shop manager > Community & help > Contact us

That will open the page to start a support ticket.  Once there select 'selling on etsy' then select issues.

Depending on the issue, they offer email, phone and/or chat support. Note that the phone support option recently changed to a request a call back system. There is no direct number sellers can call for etsy phone support. You can only request that they call you back.
You will need to click around a bit to get to the actual page with the contact options and at times it feels like endless maze loop of clicking and getting nowhere other than faq's that do not address your issues. You will need to get creative and click on options that may not match your issue completely. When you see 'I still need help' at the bottom of a page then click that....it will take you straight to the page with the available contact options.

Keep in mind that the phone support and live chat folks are just a call center and can only handle a limited list of issues. Everything outside of that they will bump up the support chain to someone who works for etsy proper to handle. Live chat and phone call back are only available sometimes it seems and the availability changes throughout the day.

Remember...the key is to click 'I still need help' when you see it. 

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your good list of info! Great primer for me.  Once upon a time, getting help wasn’t such an ordeal.  I’m intrigued to imagine this ETSY bot! It managed to overlook this listing for perhaps 25 to 30 renewals (listed since 2016 plus sales) by now, so I hope I learn what the problem suddenly is…

The listing was a bracelet with assorted gemstones & gold beads.

Thanks again

0 Likes

since it became difficult to find the links for help, i’ve collected links where sellers mentioned they found help options.  i hope one of these will work for you:

here is the link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is the link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

if you do email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to that email above the line of asterisks that their automated best guess solutions did not work. all you have to say is something like “i still need help” send the reply, and it should stay active.

1 Like

This is an awesome list! Thank you!
I thought I was clever-quite awhile ago-making my own Etsy phone number & email contact list.  I didn’t keep current & so when I needed it? Basically nothing worked…

0 Likes
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

• You have 3 listings with IVORY. Those will get deactivated when you try to renew. I would replace that word with cream, or something....
3 Likes

Ok then! Good preemptive advice! Thanks!

0 Likes

Did you use the word amber? I forgot when relisting really old ads- and yep- one got delisted. I had that in as the color- and forgot to change it. There is an issue with amber and an infant choking I read- you cannot use it even to describe a color. 

1 Like

I can’t remember if I did so I’ll cross check. I’ve never used amber but it’s a really good “color word!”

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.