Why am I seeing only "deals" from sellers having sales instead of what's new from ALL favorite selle

I usually check out what's newly listed from my favorite shops, but the past couple of days the only shops showing are those with SALES and Etsy is listing them as "DEALS"     Why can't I see what's new in the other shops that aren't having sales?  Not sure what "label" to give his topic so am choosing "search"

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Why am I seeing only "deals" from sellers having sales instead of what's new from ALL

Based on a post from yesterday, this seems to be a test, which you are in. I am currently still seeing when shops I favorited add new items. 

0 Likes

Re: Why am I seeing only "deals" from sellers having sales instead of what's new from ALL

I seem to get in all the "tests" and they usually are nothing I like.   I just wish Etsy would ask us first if we want to participate.  I probably buy more than I sell so now that means LESS money for Etsy as well as sellers!  Go figure....sometimes I have to wonder what the logic is behind these "tests."

2 Likes

I read something recently that 80% of their tests fail. But there's a bunch of employees have to constantly come up with ideas to justify their salaries, so they just pull whatever they can think out of their a$$, no matter how ridiculous or unreasonable an idea is. 

8 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

@audreytherese 

when josh started as ceo.

he said that nobody has to ask his permission to test anything on the site.

all he asks of them is to give 100% focus on what it is they want to try.

i would never run etsy that way.

it is probably fun for the testers.

but not fun for the sellers who have to deal with coding errors and the horror of some of the tests.

5 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

it was the same with Chad.  (think that was his name.)  coders had free reign to do whatever they wanted.

0 Likes

I wouldn't doubt that's true.   It's going to hurt sales because now we can't see what's new from our favorite sellers and believe me, I support alot of shops including those in countries like Ukraine.   Likewise, people who love to check what's new in my shop aren't going to see that either.

0 Likes

Most of the Etsy staff must be very young, because I don't think a more mature person would even consider some of the stuff they come up with.   Not if they want to make money and help sellers make money!

0 Likes

Well of course they're going to be young. They're less jaded with the realities of life and more willing to take chances. And they don't have life experience so they don't actually comprehend how much the ridiculousness of some of their tests can actually affect people's livelihoods. 

2 Likes

I am in this test. The new items feed is on the favourites page now. When I had new items to see, a dot appeared over the heart icon. 

3 Likes

I just logged on with my laptop and saw the dot over my favorites icon. I didn't notice anything new when I clicked on it. I couldn't figure out the point of the dot. Thanks for enlightening me! 

1 Like

Returning to this comment.

I just found the tiny updates button on the top right of my favorites. Apparently I missed it the first time.

1 Like
GeoAccents
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you so much for this information!  On my page it's called Updates.

1 Like

It's a good thing you discovered that because I never would've found it!!   Nothing like wasting time on mystery searches!  But thanks for the tip.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.