Why Am I getting a red flag for mail pickup

I'm getting a red flag and I can not request a pick up! It says Execut,ing query outside of transaction while another transaction is active.

I have no active transactions! I need these picked up tomorrow!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
26 Replies

Re: Why Am I getting a red flag for mail pickup

I'm having the same issue in my shop. I'm trying to schedule a pick up by the Post Office and I'm receiving: Executing query outside of transaction while another transaction is active. Does anyone know how to get around this. I need to schedule a mail pickup for Saturday morning.

7 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

If you are try to schedule on Etsy, simply go to the USPS website and schedule it there.  It doesn't matter where you bought the postage.

Another alternative would be to schedule it on the PirateShip site. 

10 Likes
PWOriginals
Conversation Maker

Others have reported the same thing today - schedule it directly through the USPS website.

3 Likes

Same problem here - it has done it 3 times now.  So aggravating.  Another Etsy error.  You'll have to go to USPS.com and schedule a pick up.  I don't know how to report to Etsy any errors since their "live help" is only for billing issues.

7 Likes

same issue here. 3 days in a row now.

0 Likes
BudgetBeauquets
Inspiration Seeker

Same here  Really annoying and slowing me down!

8 Likes

I am also getting the message "Executing query outside of transaction while another transaction is active." I wanted my packages to go out tomorrow July 3rd before the holiday. 

4 Likes

The error message suggests that there is an error with Etsy's API call to USPS and there is nothing that the user can do about it. You can schedule a pickup directly at https://tools.usps.com/schedule-pickup-steps.htm

3 Likes

It was not a error with Etsy API to UPS becuase it says I have a open order with Etsy when I did not have a open order. That's why I could not schedual a pickup

2 Likes

thank you for the link!  Just scheduled mine that way.

0 Likes

I FINALLY got hold of the on-line chat (which really only answers questions about billing) - and told her that there were a LOT of complaints and it's an Etsy issue, not just me.  And others have complained and it's a real inconvenience.  USPS isn't always efficient in picking up scheduled packages - I've had problems with them for a week - I schedule it on line with USPS and no one shows up - 3 times in a week.  It must be Etsy and USPS together - anyway - I told Live Help and she was very nice and said that she would pass the issue to tech dept and someone would be working on it. So they are aware of the problem now. 

Message:"Executing query outside of transaction while another transaction is active"   what does that even mean?  outside of transaction? another is active?

Fingers crossed and hoping they fix it.

6 Likes

@JudysDollClothesShop: Essentially, Etsy is just filling out the API equivalent of the same form you fill out on usps.com  Since these pickups are generally done by your letter carrier that is the best person to complain to about them not coming.

The error message you are seeing appears to be a passed through server side error message that Etsy's attempt to use the USPS API is failing.

0 Likes

It's not the same message for that. I've had that message before. This is new, outside of transaction while another transaction is active....

2 Likes
SweetShopSoapsCo
Inspiration Seeker

Happening to me too and conveniently Etsy help chat logged off and ended chat before they could help me. They are updating shipping options on the 9th and I think they messed it up. So irritated!

6 Likes

It's sure frustrating!  Have no idea what is causing the issues - now that message has been changed to "UNABLE TO ROLL BACK TRANSACTION"  Makes no sense at all for scheduling a pick up - I have to schedule on the USPS site.  But they aren't always 100% right on either.  Most of the time I try and just take them myself because of the frustration - but I can't always do that.  Sorry you are having the same issue.

0 Likes

I’ve been getting the same message all day! 
I have no way of knowing if my packages will be picked up or not! 

1 Like
MadGirlRetro
Conversation Maker

Same thing here. In addition to my shop page looking like hell because they did something to the pictures (vertical rectangles that are blurry and cut-off), now I can't even schedule my pickups from Etsy. Have to stop what I'm doing and go to the USPS site and spend time doing it there when I could be listing. 

0 Likes

I posted the original message - NOW A NEW ISSUE WHEN TRYING TO SCHEDULE PICK UP - NO LONGER DOES IT SAY "Executing query outside of transaction while another transaction is active"  - Well, at least they changed message!   NOW it says:  NOT ABLE TO ROLL BACK TRANSACTION - like what the heck does that mean!?!   Unable to roll back transaction - I'm trying to schedule PICK UP!    I know, I can schedule on USPS but IT'S IRRITATING!  Because if Etsy offers to schedule it - they then should fix it!  Or don't offer!  Frustrated!

3 Likes
ThePurpleDaisies
Inspiration Seeker

I am also getting the “unable to roll back transaction” message. 

1 Like
LanaLuckyFinds
Conversation Maker

USPS updated its website and is now experiencing technical issues (lots of bugs). They are working on bugs today. Their website is not working properly. I saw an announcement somewhere. 

2 Likes
ThePurpleDaisies
Inspiration Seeker

0 Likes
ThePurpleDaisies
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge 

0 Likes

I am also getting the red banner error message 'unable to rollback transaction' when trying to schedule USPS. Very irritating. This is ongoing for a couple weeks now. I hope they will fix this soon. 

1 Like

I get a red banner saying "Unable to roll back transaction"   what the heck am I rolling back, by requesting pick up!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.