Where do I find my saved shipping notes to buyers?

Been away for a bit, and something changed...

When I notify a buyer that their item has shipped, where are those notes stored? I have completely forgotten how to access them, and couldn't find the answer elsewhere.
While sending a shipping notification today, I saw something about how you can now have one or more default messages saved, and I'd like to do that. Thank you for any help!!

I hope this makes sense. To be clear, I don't mean the default note that can be sent automatically to the buyer as soon as an item has been purchased, which is located under Info and Appearance.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
10 Replies
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Re: Where do I find my saved shipping notes to buyers?

Not sure why you are sending the buyers a notice that the item has shipped. Etsy sends them a notice when you complete the sale and add tracking.

0 Likes

@CuriosityCabinet   The op is talking about the note to buyer that is in the label.

0 Likes

I belive if you are on the message box, there is a "snippet" icon that you can select your saved notes.  Looks kind of like a little sticky-note.

* if it's the message that goes out with the label, it's on the label page.

0 Likes

Where can I go to change the default note that appears in the Note To Buyer box in the label shipping screen? Thanks!

0 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

I don't know if you can access the notes to buyer for the shipping email other than when you are actually updating the shipping for the order. If you can edit the note/s from somewhere else I'd like to know too.

1 Like

@CuriosityCabinet  you can go to any order, click the mail truck icon, edit and/or save the note, then back out of the label window without purchasing.  You can do the same with the shipping presets (which I don't bother with)

0 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Ok thanks! I don't buy labels on here so I didn't know that. I don't want to go anywhere near etsy labels so I'll just forget about it and change the notes when entering tracking.

0 Likes

Now that I'm on my 'puter, when I click the mail truck icon, and on the label page  - on the right I see the message, and above it is a drop-down that shows previously saved Note to Buyer.  But @CuriosityCabinet is right, that if you didn't save it, I think the only way to see a note would be on the actual order receipt.  On the full receipt page, (completed orders)  under "more details" for the shipping, it shows the actual note that was sent.

0 Likes

In the label area, you will see the note area.  You create a note that is included in email Etsy sends to the buyer when you ship.

I think you may need to go into a label to change, add a note.  Not sure how long you have been away so you may be unaware of how snippets work.  I do a generic note that I save and then each time I do a label I can change the note, not save it as the system then prints that note on the email but does not save the changes leaving me a generic note,  

The note in info is called message to buyer.  The one in the label note to buyer. 

0 Likes
Iamlnu
Inspiration Seeker

I love adding these additional notices in!

Customers get a cute note from you that's personalized! 

I hit "Complete Order, and right before you put the tracking in, there is a small box where you can add your own note. Then you can choose, set to default, or, you can save to notes. If you save to notes, it will create a list of notes that you can choose from. It's a great feature. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.