Where did the titles go?

I was just doing a few searches for things and the pages are coming up with a thumbnail, price and nothing else.  No titles, selling shop, feedback score or any other details.  Is Etsy running another test?  If they are (and if you're listening), this new format is AWFUL!  Not knowing anything about the item except its cost (no maker or individual information) makes it really hard to decide which ones to click on.  If the goal is to force the shopper to click on every item to see what it is exactly, I think it will quickly become a source of frustration.  

Is anyone else seeing this in their search results?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Where did the titles go?

It must be another Etsy test for certain users. Not for me - I still see all the titles when I do a search.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

On my Home Page, I have only prices showing on the thumbnail photo.  This seems to fluctuate on and off for me (using same desktop computer, Chrome).  I agree with NanaLetha, must be a test.

1 Like

In one browser (Chrome), the search results are displaying the listing title and the price.  For ads, there is a little mention of "Ad by Etsy Seller".  They got rid of the seller name, star rating, mention of free shipping, the "add to cart" button and the "more like this" option.  They seem to be going for a super-dense screen vibe, like they never heard of white space. (Consistent with our newly-square shop images.)  

I always thought the "add to cart" from search was a bit strange, unless the buyer had already seen the listing before - who buys straight away from an initial search results screen without looking at a listing?  But getting rid of the rest of the stuff seems counterproductive.  Why am I not surprised.

0 Likes
After9Marbles
Conversation Maker

We just got the descriptions back for most people and now we dont have titles for some. Awesome. Whats next hide the prices until checkout?

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@KitschyVintage  I just did a search.  In the results, only price shows under thumbnails (no Shop Name or Title).  I can only see the Title if I hover over.  It looks very weird to me to see search results which only contain a price under each photo.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

I've seen that.

I can attest that this really, really, really sucks when you are trying to buy jewelry supplies.
You can't see the size of something in the title. 
And then you can't find the description. Because it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down under the reviews.

I'm looking for some sterling beads. What size are the ones in the listing? How many do you get?

Honestly, it's almost like Etsy doesn't want anyone to buy their supplies here. If this were my first experience with shopping on Etsy?
I WOULD NOT BE BACK.

I mean, why would anyone shop for their supplies here? When it takes three times as long to get the information than it does anywhere else?

Sometimes it's really hard not to think that Etsy's intention is to commit suicide.

5 Likes

Have you tried cleaning out cache and cookies?  For one it might remove you from the test if you are in a test.  It might also resolve any conflicts with browser and Etsy.

0 Likes

I'm going to try clearing cache -- that's a good idea.

I get so frustrated with some of the totally unnecessary changes that are being made!  I hope this is just a test and not the way of the future

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.