Just got this new "upgrade?"

Bugs noticed so far, double Stats on the right hand side, and double listings one of which is alpha. 

New messenger showing 793 messages not read, yet all have been replied too

New order comes in, i get a message in message and one in messenger and i have to open both for them to go away.

New messenger doesn't link up with any orders info on the right hand side.

New messenger gives no way to delete messages permantently, this is something really dodgy, especially for us sellers that deal with images that the buyer doesn't want stored, this would be against data protection.

New messenger brings images as pop ups so no way to right click copy on windows 11 at least without downloading the image first. Something thats going to cost us a lot of time

Re: What has etsy done

I'm fine here.  Guess I don't get enough for things to get messed up.

Try refreshing and rebooting.  Plus cleaning out cache and cookies.  Older computers can have a more difficult time especially if they have a lot of background noise.  

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

No need to refresh or clean out cookies.  This is an Etsy site issue on their side. So it won't make any difference.  Etsy is making updates to the Star Seller program.  Some of this has been in the messaging area.  

2 Likes

It's one overworked IT guy working from home in his living room in his PJ's with his cat walking across his keyboard.

5 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

@PiecesOfMePaperCraft 

LOL. Funniest thing I've heard in awhile.  Thanks for the laugh.

Sounds like how i do my work every day...

0 Likes

@Lionfishvintage 

I had hoped someone would recognize themselves or a family member. It’s definitely my son except he has an office (and a cat that sleeps on either him or his desk!). 

1 Like

It is not an upgrade. System has screwed up the entire store for time being. Etsy is looking for changes again, like we don't have enough issues with them not fixing technical problems. I am getting really tired of them. Problems ...... all technical issues and never help available for sellers. Not like we don't pay high fees for them to run this site properly.....

1 Like

These things are annoying but honestly is it really that bad? Good grief. You’d think the sky was falling in because you have to look at an orange dot. I’m sure many of you have worked in office or retail environments where glitches and even total shut downs happen sometimes. Especially when new programs are being added or hardware upgraded. Technology is not perfect. Humans are not perfect. This site is MASSIVE! We should focus on the big stuff and try not to let every little dashboard glitch cause a meltdown. Is it really worth the energy? 

2 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

This "Update" affected more areas of Etsy than just message.

Last night my mother could not log into either of her shops no matter what she tried (with my help over the phone).  She's a senior who gets anxious about challenge/changes with computers.  It greatly upset her, and inconvenienced her because she could not do the work she needed to on Etsy. 

And of course with all the latest forum threads; "Etsy put my shop on Vacation", "Etsy closed my shop", she was worried that the logging in problem was going to lead to that.

When I saw in the forums that other sellers were having the same issue, that it was a "glitch", and communicated that, it did help.

So please keep in mind that just because you or I can "Roll with the punches" when something on Etsy changes or gets difficult temporarily or permanently... for SOME other people, such as those with anxiety it can be upsetting and disruptive. 

2 Likes

@VogueVixens Yes totally get that. I’m sure I’ll be singing another tune should I have a serious issue. I thought we were discussing the dashboard issues. Being shut out of your shop is a whole other issue for sure. That’s a big thing—not a dashboard glitch. 

0 Likes

Another test, more trouble. Etsy may need to do less...

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

@VogueVixens  So sorry it upset your mom. I totally understand that.

What is the name of her shop? I'd like to see it if that's o.k.

0 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

I should of said "our shop", since I am a shop member, and I do a lot to help her run it.  It's this one,  plus one more that's disclosed in our About & Profile

1 Like
VogueVixens
Community Maker

Newest "Weird" change due to this update - when I look at listings manager, the active listing are out of order.  Even though I sort by my usual "Expiration: latest first", the listings that were renewed today are not sorting in the order that I renewed them.  In fact the one I renewed first, is at the top, it is very jumbled. 

0 Likes
knitwit4ever
Conversation Maker

The listing order problem is likely associated with a 31 day month:  anything you renewed on 30th/31st can get lumped together if the renewal month (September in this case) only has 30 days.  It's even more noticeable when the renewal month is shorter February!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.