Weird, I just got a cha ching but there's no order!

I just got a cha ching on my iphone but there's no new order. In this, my vintage shop I have no orders open, in my wedding shop I had 2 orders earlier today but I heard those cha-chings already & those were hours ago. I saw the etsy notice pop up on my iPhone, swiped it and it brought me to my wedding shop but there's only the earlier orders, nothing new. 

Is this a notification glitch? Anyone else experience this?

Or is there an order floating about in Etsy cyberspace and I'm going to have an angry customer because I don't see their order?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
54 Replies
McKeanCreations
Conversation Maker

Re: Weird, I just got a cha ching but there's no order!

My app gives the cha ching hours after the actual sale. Sometimes 5 hours after. I've already seen it on my computer and made the item before I hear a cha ching. Maybe yours was a huge delay like mine are.

6 Likes

I haven't had that issue, but I already heard the cha chings for the 2 orders I had already. I usually don't get cha chings twice for one order & the user name wasn't the same as the 2 earlier orders. 

0 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Check the order # I had one come in 14 hours late on the app.

0 Likes

@MomsantiquesNthings 

If I recall correctly the cha-ching happened with pending/processing orders occasionally way back when I had sound notifications turned on. Since pending/processing orders do not show up on the app be sure to check from a PC or laptop since that's the only place they show up while processing. You may even be able to use the browser on your mobile device but not 100% sure if processing orders show up there or not. 

2 Likes

Oh ok! That would make sense then. I haven't had a pending order in a while. 

0 Likes

Well, just checked my desktop & nothing in either shop still. So maybe it was just a glitch.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

check your completed sales, It may have been cancelled due to payment processor issues with the buyer.

2 Likes

Just now I got I got an order notification in for one I actually got yesterday...it's already been shipped. It's also happening with messages...since I work close to my computer I'm able to get the messages as they come in but the actual email from Etsy is sometimes as late as the next day. It's been wonky for me for at least the past week.

2 Likes
PAPERFLORISTS
Conversation Maker

Same here. I got a notification yhis afternoon for an order that I received yesterday.

2 Likes

I've gotten delayed cha-chings on my iPhone, sometimes minutes later, sometimes an hour later. I've also gotten orders with no cha-ching at all or the order count doesn't update on the app icon (that happens all the time). Last night I got an order while I was in the shower and I didn't even know. I found it this morning when I checked my email. There was no number on the app icon on my home screen and no notification on my lock screen. I rely on the app to tell me I have orders more than I rely on email (I have way too many emails in my inbox right now). 

2 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

The last few days my app has been notifying me of a sale many many hours after it has come in. Weird. (shrug emoji here) 

2 Likes

Yes there's a glitch! There's a delay. I received a ca-ching! and flash alert to my phone, but no other record of a sale except for the the total against my Sold Out items which had increased by 1.

Panicked, I contacted Etsy support via chat who were completely useless, so I emailed a transcript of the interaction to cover myself, just in case. Hours later, the sale came through as normal but without the ca-ching. 

1 Like

The cha ching has been a day late for me for a while now. Seems it isn't affecting too many people otherwise we would see more posts about it.

1 Like

I received an order today. I can view the order receipt/invoice on my order page. However, in my stats its says 0 ordered for today. It's been showing 0 orders for today for several hours.

2 Likes

I just got a cha ching but no order on phone or computer.

3 Likes
MyOnlyChoice
Conversation Maker

I had a cha ching last night from a purchase that had been already dispatched. And this wasn’t the first time. 

2 Likes

There are two main things being reported in this thread. The OP started the thread for what I am experiencing this morning, a push notification on the Etsy app that does not show up when the app is opened. There is also no email notification or new order showing up on my desktop. No recent sales match the customer name that was on the push notification.

So yes @MomsantiquesNthings, I am experiencing what you experienced. I'm curious, did anything ever show up for your phantom order notification? Unless I see something show up in my shop, I am going under the assumption that an order was cancelled by the payment processor even though I can't find anything on my desktop showing a pending or cancelled order.

As to the other problem mentioned about notifications on the app. Yes, they are often behind and sometimes by a lot. However those are for actual orders that do show up in other places (email, viewing your shop in a browser and not the app).

1 Like

Nope, never got an order after that happened. 

0 Likes

Something that would be helpful if you have an iPhone. Pull down the notifications log and click on the notification. Should take you to the order, then you can match that order in your payment account.

0 Likes
KKCraftsNMore
Inspiration Seeker

Be interested in knowing what came out of your order? Same thing just happened to me, heard the cha Ching I got the notification on my phone of new order. Nothing is showing on app, I tried pc browser nothing, no email

0 Likes

I just got a cha-thing for an order I had yesterday morning. 23 hours late haha. It happens now and then, more so lately.

1 Like

@SparkleAndPixelCo 

My cha chings run about 10 minutes later than when it appears on my dashboard. 23 hours? That's crazy.

0 Likes

@boygirlboygirldesign I think it *might* have something to do with how long it takes for an order to fully process, but not sure

0 Likes

That makes sense.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.