JohnandDawnField
Inspiration Seeker

We have lost our star seller status because of sending an item untracked first class Royal Mail.

Hi, we received an order and posted it quickly the next day. Because of its value the item only needed to be posted first class Royal Mail, first class Royal Mail is not tracked. We have noticed that we are now not eligible for the Star Seller status because when we filled in the 'completed orders' section we couldn't add a tracking number. The item was made and despatched quickly the next day and we had a happy customer who left wonderful reviews. Is there a way of amending this problem so that we can get back on track to earning our Star Seller status again?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
15 Replies

Re: We have lost our star seller status because of sending an item untracked first class Royal Mail.

Was the value of the order over £10?

4 Likes

Re: We have lost our star seller status because of sending an item untracked first class Royal Mail.

*item price before discounts

(is how etsy calculate "order value").

4 Likes

if you buy royal mail click and drop, standard postage has a QR scan number, use that, it is fine for star seller
etsy started to accept them last Nov, when Royal Mail did a big update on their site

6 Likes

You don't need click and drop, you can use the number on the proof of posting receipt for small parcels. 

6 Likes

@CuriosAnCollectibles 

I send large letter, ordinary 1st class, which, looking at what they sell, they probably send large letter  too

the QR number from click and drop works for large letter,

buying at the post office doesn't work, as there is no number there for large letter

0 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

@CraftyCornishMaids   For the size of items perhaps,  but for the value, I would have expected the seller would use signed for.

1 Like
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

@CraftyCornishMaids   Just returned from the PO having posted a large letter.  Proof of postage has a 16 character delivery code on it the same as a small parcel.

I usually delegate the parcel run so this was my first trip for a while and the first time I’ve noticed the code on a large letter.

1 Like

that's new then, good to know.

0 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

@CraftyCornishMaids   I understand it’s  been like that for a few months.  Which shows how long it is since I’ve done the post run:-))

2 Likes

as I buy click and drop, ~I don't see a post office label anymore

0 Likes

Yes, that's why star seller doesn't correlate with good customer service. 

Some countries, especially in the far east, use a "tracking" number which does nothing, yet 1000s of this shops have star seller with terrible customer service. 

6 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

@JohnandDawnField   For the future, all standard 1st and 2nd class parcels posted at the PO have a 16 digit code on the receipt for proof of postage.  It’s a delivery confirmation number rather than proper tracking but it works.

4 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

We use 1st class signed for, either large letter or small/medium parcels (not basic letter). That gives you a number that works for star seller.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

2 Likes
mailordervintage
Conversation Maker

We have the same issue here in Canada....some items are just a lot cheaper to ship without tracking to Canadian customers...it has pretty well guaranteed I will not receive the Star seller badge...but I just do not worry about it...my shop has been steady busy without it so I really do not think a customer will be swayed by it.

0 Likes

Over £10, tracking or Etsy label will do the trick for Star Seller.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.