Hi, I've been getting this error message for the past couple of weeks!

"We couldn’t deposit your funds. Update your bank info"

It was emailed to me and also popped up as a banner in my shop manager on the payment account page. 

I've been using this bank account for ages and had no issues. I went ahead and started the verification anyway thinking it just needed to be reconfirmed for security reasons. I had to upload a bank statement since the micro-deposit wasn't showing up after 5 days. After that, I got an email notification and a success banner on Etsy that my account had been verified. So I waited for my next scheduled deposit which was supposed to be today... but I got the same error message "We couldn’t deposit your funds. Update your bank info." Very frustrating!

Is this happening to anyone else? I find it hard to believe that after verifying successfully once, I would need to do it again so soon. 

I'm in Australia and my bank account is with NAB if that's helpful. My payout schedule is weekly and this is the 3rd week without a payout. I've tried contacting Etsy Support but it just prompted me to enter my phone number and wait for a call. Not very helpful if they don't call me.

Re: We couldn’t deposit your funds. Update your bank info.

Jump to solution

Fantastic. Mine also cleared after changing from a PO Box to home address and waiting the 5 days. 

No thanks to Etsy support though. If it wasn't for the help on the forum here, I reckon I'd still be trying to figure out what was going on.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you for this. I am on week 4 of no funds transfer into my NAB account as well. I have updated my po box address to an actual address. Let's hope this works. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Further, I noticed that the payment provider is no longer 'Citibank Stiching Custodia' but 'Citibank Europe', so maybe the change in payment processor even though its the same bank, caused the issue in that this other provider does not accept PO Boxes.. who knows? Just a thought!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

You might be onto something there, mine has also changed to Citibank Europe. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Glad to hear a few have of you have had success. I never had a PO Box address in the first place. I've just re-entered and re-verified my bank details AGAIN. Now waiting for the next lot of 5 days to pass to see if the funds come through. Fingers crossed!

1 Like
MulderAndWillow
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Did you eventually find a solution to this problem? I am also going though the same thing and it has nothing to do with a PO Box.

1 Like
OwlCalledWillow
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me and been going on for 6 months. I just updated my address so let’s see if it works. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you! So glad I found this post! I've been having the same issue - except it's been going on since end of January. 
NO help from Etsy - just around in bloody circles and haven't heard anything from the "help & support" team since 5th March. Disgusting. 
I've just updated my address details in hopes this helps too. *fingers crossed*
Thank you again for posting this!  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.