CoreyWard
Inspiration Seeker

Warning! Fathers Day Sale is Bugged — minimum amount is a fraction of what was set

Jump to solution

Etsy’s running a site-wide Father’s Day sale with code "fathersday2024" and inviting Etsy sellers to participate, but there's an issue. If you set a discount with a minimum amount they save the value wrong. I tried to set a minimum of $50 and it set the minimum to $0.50. You can end the sale early and re-join with a different amount, but I can't seem to get it to work at $50 no matter what I enter. At $500 it sets the minimum to $5. At $5000 it sets the minimum to $0.05. It's a mess, and if you're not looking closely you might get caught out and end up with discounts that cost you money.

I tried contacting Etsy about this but they have all sorts of dark-patterns (like a bot that slow walks responses) to keep you from getting through to an actual human. Frustrating, but ultimately I just won't participate in this sale.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
28 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Warning! Fathers Day Sale is Bugged — minimum amount is a fraction of what was set

Jump to solution

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this further. We identified and fixed an error that affected Father’s Day sales events that were created with an order minimum price.

We recognize this error may have affected sellers who participated in different ways, so we’ve reached out to those sellers directly to provide additional support and make things right.  

For those of you who would like to participate in the sale, rest assured the issue is fixed and moving forward you can set an order minimum for the Father’s Day sales event that will apply to future qualifying orders. If you’d like to participate in the Father’s Day sales event, go here

We apologize for any disruption this may have caused!

View solution in original post

2 Likes
47 Replies

Re: Warning! Fathers Day Sale is Bugged — minimum amount is a fraction of what was set

Jump to solution

good to know - thanks for the warning

1 Like
GrimmLasergravur
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: Warning! Fathers Day Sale is Bugged — minimum amount is a fraction of what was set

Jump to solution

I trapped in there as well. It‘s a shame that Etsy isn‘t testing features before they release it. Fortunately I only lost a few bugs as I recognised it very early. Hopefully a quick bugfix is on it‘s way. (Once more we sellers are not that important and only there to pay high fees. Just my two cents).

6 Likes
heavyistheheart
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Warning! Fathers Day Sale is Bugged — minimum amount is a fraction of what was set

Jump to solution

unfortunately, we are the test

9 Likes
ViAndYou
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I was not invited to participate and I was not aware of this operation but people are using this coupon on my shop.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@ViAndYou,

How can people use the coupon in your shop if you're not participating ... check your marketing section. 

@AutumnHollowStudio 

I participated in the Mother's Day sale and every time I checked it showed an option to stop the sale.

1 Like
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ViAndYou your listings say I only need to spend $0.34 US in order to get 10% off.

I wonder if you need to move the decimal point over in the minimum discount amount:

instead of $20.00 minimum, insert $2000.00 minimum. 

Is it worth a try?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I also do to remember agreeing to participate and my shop has suddenly things on sale. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

A glitch in the system? I am shocked! {insert surprised face}

Seriously though... I am sorry you got caught up in this. Etsy has been a hot mess these days, and the technical problems (that only ever seem to affect sellers) have been numerous lately. Is there any way you can opt out of the sale, or are you locked in? (I don't participate in these)

9 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes you can opt out. And luckily if you set up a sale independently of the "set up a father's day sale" link, it works as it should. I also never do sales, but I'm one of the people who has photos that are too small and was hit hard a month or so ago and need to boost sales while I redo photos. 

2 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Fathersday is already over in other countries. I'm glad they don't do it here.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep, thrilled about the few sales I made overnight at 25% off. Wanted the order minimum to be $200, but Etsy made the minimum $2--goodbye profit!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I never participate in any of their sales.

but nothing stops anyone of us from using certain holidays as tags...

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I dont remember even opting in to this sale. Suddenly I see a sale in mu shop 25% off till 13th of june! Closed it early. I thought id been hacked.

3 Likes
BigWoodsSoap
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This same thing happened to me - my whole shop was on sale without my knowledge!

1 Like
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BigWoodsSoap I don't think so. Check the replies in the thread you posted about the sale. They can't do a sale in your shop without your approval.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

same for me!!

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I find that the less Etsy services I use,  and the less I participate in Etsy promotions,  the smoother my shop runs.

and every year that becomes more true.

14 Likes

Jump to solution

I didn't authorize this coupon and my customers used it and received 25% off any order over $5. I'm so pissed right now.

I'm out hundreds of dollars. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I’d cancel it and say this was a mistake. 

0 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CoreyWard

Thank you for this info!

Yet another reason that Etsy testers, moderators & community managers should be current sellers with active shops.

8 Likes
ScarvesByEllen
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Same problem and I'm not happy about it.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I wanted it to be $50, it was $.50 minimum. I tried to change it to $5000 to see if it would go to $50, and it went to $.05. I turned it off until they work it out. If they work it out.

1 Like
SandDragonSewing
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes - after loosing money on one sale, and discovering the issue, I turned it off too.

0 Likes
RainbowSoapBar
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same ! I set it to £25 and its saying 25% off any order over £0.25 !! 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.