All of a sudden in March my sales and visits are non existent . I’ve been consistent for 3 years . Is there something going on ? 

PawChicThreads
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Visits and sales dropped

Put our shop in vacation mode for a few days Mid March.  Since our return, we are very slow.   I added new listings over the weekend and got a couple of sales.  No one has any of my listings as "favorites" anymore - at least that are showing up.   I pay for Etsy Ads on my new listings and current seasonal items.   I'm completely stumped, it's like my shop has fallen off the face of the Earth.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes

SALES HAVE DIED!  I have had a drop of at least 30% each year since the pandemic.  It's SEO, economy, etc.  I used to steady constant orders all day every day then starting in March I go for hours and hours with nothing...then suddenly some orders pop up.  The next day I will have normal sales and feel happy it is improving only to have it go back to the switch turned off again.  Definitely capping big shops and rotating everything.  

I'm not only in a REAL eclipse today but also an Etsy eclipse!  

12 Likes

Sales also down here. I've been running my shop full time for 8 years and I've never been so quiet. Recently I've noticed A LOT of Etsy TV ads, I'm wondering if they're also noticing lack of sales due to cheap Chinese sites like temu.

9 Likes

I was consistently getting sales and add to carts and 2 weeks ago, everything went DEAD. We are a relatively new shop, but I just don't understand why things have gone completely DEAD. Something fishy is going on. 

10 Likes
FrameTowne
Conversation Maker

I have noticed this as well, much quieter than usual, not as many visits, not as many inquiries and such.

7 Likes
Dkellystudio
Inspiration Seeker

Same here. I’ve been on Etsy since 2017 and have not experienced a slowdown in all areas like this before. 

5 Likes

Traffic has completely dried up (*cough cough* - suffocating on the dust) 4 views/4 visits? Isn’t bringing traffic part of why we’re all here? How the he££ is someone supposed to make sales with these numbers? I’ve stopped renewing listings and am letting my shop dwindle down until it’s gone. I’d rather lose my shop than pay Etsy another penny in the form of ads, offsite or otherwise. I’ve noticed in other threads that some sellers have opted back in to OFAs to try to stem the bleeding…maybe that’s Etsy’s plan. Choke sales and traffic to force sellers into purchasing more “services”. SMH. I just feel so defeated. 

14 Likes
TwiLdCapitHog
Conversation Maker

@DivineCrossings  it's hard to be seen amongst a see of re-sellers and POD stuff. 

I'm sure the only views I get are out of curiosity, because my items were shown in unrelated searches.

It is very disheartening!

6 Likes

Hello, Same here, 0 sales this month and $23 Etsy Bill. Can't keep open this shop. AI art is everywhere and no one buys hand drawings.

3 Likes

I was paying for ETSY OSAs for the whole of March and did quite well on sales defiantly an up trend then got to beginning of April and views just dropped right off . I stopped paying for ETSY OSAs pointless if it’s not bringing in views . Now it’s virtually 0 views . It’s been up and down with ETSY for a while and I accept the cost of living and financial crisis but there are so many mass shops that are now not handmade it’s seeming like it may be time to move on … I did ctc ETSY to ask them what was going on but just got same old same old about tags photographs etc all in the sellers manual I’ve read a hundred times already . But I can only do so much from my end ETSY needs to pull its weight and get onboard with the shops it advertises as handmade and unique and get rid of these mass producing shops 

9 Likes

Same. I'm tired. I see a huge increase in views if I spend $25 per day in ads and maybe 2 sales. The past two weeks extremely dead. LOW views and no sales. I have a website but driving traffic to it is extremely hard. I see people buying at local vendor events. I did on last weekend with OK sales. I think Etsy shot itself in the foot by allowing these non handmade companies to take over. People want real small businesses.  The search algorithm is a joke. Etsy needs to go back to 2019. 

15 Likes

Same here.  The past week starting with Tuesday 4/16 sales fell by over 50%.  This is far from normal and not related to economy, etc.  

7 Likes

I average 100 views a day, with my best seller getting 50-60 views a day (!) and I have not had a sale in 3 weeks. This is one of the worst droughts I’ve ever experienced here and I’ve been here going on 8 years. 

9 Likes

Bonjour

Pareil pour moi, aucune vente depuis 10 jours et c'est très inquiétant.

Bon courage à tous

1 Like

I have been here since 2009 ... and have a website also.  2008 recession was very difficult for my business and others... This resembles that time... Some times I run a sale and get a few orders. Not many views and compared to last year and a few years ago... it is  not a good trend. There seems to be so much cheap everything on Etsy.. cheap price and cheap quality.. I agree with others.. lets get back to real handmade and art crafts by artisans....

11 Likes

Same here. My visit is drop 70% and its been going on since February. my shop is dead. only one sale a week sometimes none. Not even a single favorite on my 200+ items. 

6 Likes

Same here:(

Probably Etsy change the algorithms or Etsy testing a new improvements. The only visitors at my shop are from social media like Instagram and Pinterest

8 Likes

I have noticed this, as well. The visits and views are consistently driven by social media (most specifically) Pinterest. All of my stats via Etsy are down significantly. Etsy was pushing the Save + Share function - could this indicate that they are having a difficult time competing with other platforms via Google and shift focus to social driven sales?  Overall, my sales are sporadic and then clumped together (pattern: nothing for first part of the week and a rush of sales towards week's end 3-4 sales) for weeks on end and then it switches to sales-heavy the first 2 days of the week and nothing for the remainder of the week. Cycling shop visibility has been an issue for some time (past 2 years) for me, maybe with influx of new shops on Etsy across pandemic??? I am consistently down 20% YoY for the last 3 years. Some months I am down 40%. Given that bills need to be paid monthly, it is proving to be a point of financial stress, when I was used to daily sales and consistently 7-10 sales minimum per week. I know others have shared the same insights and sentiment. I am tired. Social media is just another source of stress : inconsistencies and headache. Harder and harder to make a living as a small business. My goal is to begin work on my own website by year end, but again this means a huge shift of time and attention to social media which exhausts me, lol.

1 Like

Something is weird...I am not getting dales either! When I pay for adds I don't get much views, favorites, and no sales. And every time I sell, it's from adds, with extra tax...

6 Likes

My last decent year, was 2020. Since 2021, everything has been going downhill. Lots more mass produced items; items that are listed for up to 65% off...and on and on. 

2 Likes

It's always like this at certain points. I was thinking maybe April is just a bad month because of tax time. You would think I would know the trends by now after over a decade of being here. 

3 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

It’s been crickets for last few weeks, which not too surprising as warming up, but still usually have a few orders trickle in, nope. Went on vacation this week, have two back to back orders, need to do this more often I guess.

3 Likes
Angrymonkeys
Inspiration Seeker

It’s like someone snapped there fingers and my visits and sales just stopped the fact there are so many ppl saying this at the same time is a little bit suss to me

7 Likes

Same here, paying for Ads all month and no sales. I need to stop Ad as I don't think ETSY is actually advertising for me.  I don't feel ETSY is advertising for me. Way too many not handmade shops are killing ETSY. I totally agree with getting rid of these mass-producing shops.  I work hard on what I do, and I am truly hand made. If anyone has suggestions on where else to sell I would be game since ETSY don't seem to be it.

4 Likes

Came here to say the same issue. Noticed a few others shops that also have been around quite some time, and it looks like we all are going through this with low sales and views. Having 2 views has been utterly awful for my conversion rates and I usually make sales every day. I was laid off from my part-time job recently too so the issues with etsy ads to low sales and views really doesn't help right now. I want to keep blaming it on society, recession, companies going through major layoffs, issues but I have not seen it this bad in a few years.

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.