All of a sudden in March my sales and visits are non existent . I’ve been consistent for 3 years . Is there something going on ? 

Re: Visits and sales dropped

Something to keep in mind.... Something like 60% of buyers are in the US. It is an election year with an economy in the crapper. I know that my personal spending has slowed down, and I am sure that is true for a lot of other people. People just don't have a lot of disposable income this year (on top of it being a slow time of year anyways)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
12 Likes

I agree with that. I have been very careful too in spending, but it don't add up. I had lots of views even if no sale. And visits too. And this month just plummeted to the ground. Out of now where. On day after the other.

11 Likes

Same for me. Yoy stats are almost half, and this has been going on for months. Etsy might slowly lose its reliable customer base. This used to be an authentic handmade venue. Now they push for discounts, mass production etc. 

16 Likes

ETSY should go back to normal as soon as possible. Many vendors are now mass producing. This is a site with handmade products. What are stores doing so much mass production doing on ETSY?

21 Likes

At this rate hand made will be completely eclipsed by mass market items identical ri Amazon and Walmart.  Why even call it a handmade platform anymore? 

3 Likes

Same here views like they hit a brick  wall abruptly ended views its seems so sudden to be a coincidence 

13 Likes
fatash1
Crafty Poster

It is totally dead, there are a lot competition from TEMU, stores are selling their items as handmade,  every body knows they are not. Mass produced items, a lot of the same items in different stores.

14 Likes
AlleswirdVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: Visits and sales dropped

Auch ich hatte nun eine Woche keinen Verkauf. Der Umsatz im März war sehr schlecht.

6 Likes

Hier genauso! Die Verkäufe sind schlecht und ich sehe immer mehr Geschäfte, die sagen, dass die Verkäufe sehr schlecht sind.

5 Likes

Du hast einen sehr schönen Shop. Hoffe es geht weiter für dich

2 Likes

here too, 90% down

12 Likes

Wow! sales have definitely taken a downward spiral for so many shops. It's very discouraging to say the least. Positive vibes to all of us.

10 Likes

letztes Jahr ging es bei mir um diese Zeit genauso los. Bzw ging gar nichts mehr. Ich weiß noch ich hatte fast eine Woche keinen Verkauf, was recht ungewöhnlich war. Und es geht schon wieder los. Seltsam, immer genau zu Ostern.

4 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Visits down 18%, orders up 44% this month. Sales generally slow down in late spring & early summer. Groceries are still goin way up, not enough extra spending money.

4 Likes

I read earlier this morning on FB that Chinese (from China) shops have been let onto the platform (I am not sure if this is correct) but it was another Etsy shop that mentioned it.

3 Likes
KolajdesignArt
Inspiration Seeker

I understand you very well.

3 Likes
MamisharkDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Ich sehe auch immer mehr Chinesische Verkäufer auf etsy. Die Preise sind so niedrig wie auf TEMU und Verkäufer achten immer mehr auf den Preis und sind bereit 1-2 Wochen auf ihr Produkt zu warten.

Meine Verkäufe sind ebenfalls um 50% eingebrochen und es wird von Woche zu Woche schlechter... 

Auch kopieren die Chinesischen Verkäufer Produkte die ich erstellt habe und verkaufen diese zu einem viel niedrigeren Preis als ich.

Ich erstelle Namensschilder mit einer eigen entwickelten Schriftart und dies wird 1:1 kopiert und billiger verkauft.

Etsy wird zu einem Amazon und TEMU zugleich. 

Ich sehe mich nach anderen Plattformen um und werde etsy so schnelle wie möglich verlassen. 

Viele andere Shopbetreiber auf Etsy mit denen ich in engem Kontakt stehe verlassen Etsy ebenfalls in naher Zukunft.

Ich wünsche euch viel Glück in nächster Zeit.

7 Likes

I agree! It's time to leave Etsy and look elsewhere. Good luck to you also and thank you so much for responding to my post. 

4 Likes

Mädels gebt noch nicht auf ihr habt so schöne Geschäfte. Ich überlege eher mich zu erweitern

3 Likes

One short update. Its slow but not totally down like last year. I forgot to switch my “Attributes“ from easter to motherday. Since i have changed it some buyers came back.

3 Likes

Hi, what do you mean by Attributes? Do you mean SEO and tags?

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear that everyone is down so much. You guys have beautiful shops! I do not know what's going on. I've been here since 2009.  Something turned off in March and went blackout in April. BTW I do not have Mother's Day as a choice for attributes. Maybe it's cause of my category. That's always bothered me as I have Vday, Easter and Christmas- and various others, but not Mother's Day! They should roll it out for all categories for holiday. 

6 Likes

I also have this problem with  three of my articles. So, for example, I cant't add any holidayattributes at all. This probably has something to do with our cathegories.

2 Likes

@miagefaellts Mine is that it's not a choice in the drop down. Yours seems like something technical? 

2 Likes

I really don't know.

This is the cathegorie where i did not find any holyday attributes

Zahnbürstenhalter-

Haus & Wohnen-

Badezimmer- Badezimmerdeko- Zahnbürstenhalter

toothbrush holder-Home&Living-Bathroom-bathroom decorations- toothbrush holder

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.