Views and sales at almost zero over past week. Worst in almost nine years.

Am wondering what, if anything, is going on with Etsy search or other algorithms. Never seen a doldrum like the past two weeks in going on nine years here. Anyone out there have any idea what's happening?????

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Views and sales at almost zero over past week. Worst in almost nine years.

hi there

this is the worse july and august i have had in 12 years, i was getting more sales on reserve than i am now, i am paying for ads etc but nothing is working,  i have sales on of 50 per cent off, i think its vintage shops suffering mostly from the posts i have seen around, it looks like we have been lowered in visibility somehow, may be if there are a lot of new shops, im not sure, i suppose with all the financial situations worldwide people are holding their money

4 Likes
HandyNat
Crafty Poster

Last month was my best here in over 10 years and then immediately this month it’s like everything flipped and it’s dead! Views dead, visits dead, sale horrible! I did NOT change anything on my end, do it’s incredible strange and scary ! 

8 Likes
AllsFairyVintage
Conversation Maker

Really wish I knew. Been here 15 years, feel like I’ve missed something crucial, some new Etsy development. Have they changed something in search? Have we just reached critical mass and there are too many sellers and not enough buyers? Have I missed the trend boat? So many different ways I might be sinking my own ship and even though I read the forums regularly and keep an eye on trends, I feel like I’m fast becoming a dinosaur. I find and list stuff I think is so cute or will get snapped right up right away but this past two months it’s mostly crickets, beyond the usual summer slowdown. I don’t know, I just keep listing and hope I’ll figure it out. Good luck to you all.

6 Likes

Same here been selling on Etsy since 2015 with 2 shops sales got better every year with multiple daily sales March was so busy but April onwards very suddenly it all fell off a cliff, now views/visits/sales down to almost nothing had 1 sale yesterday but that was first in 2 weeks in the older shop and only a few a week in the newer shop for craft supplies I’ve slowly run down listings, reduced prices nothing is being renewed no point wasting money as lowering prices and having sales has done almost nothing it looks like the 8 year Etsy journey is done for me.  

6 Likes
MyPartyFavorShop
Inspiration Seeker

I see that everyone on etsy has been selling for longer than me. I opened a new etsy page. Can my experienced friends take a look and give me feedback? How can I make my page better?
0 Likes

@MyPartyFavorShop: This is a technical issues forum - you will probably get more help in https://community.etsy.com/t5/Shop-Critiques/bd-p/shop-critiques?ref=gnav

0 Likes
BigXStudio
Conversation Maker

My views are only slightly down but conversion is WAY down and I haven't changed a thing. I'm convinced that Etsy, in their effort to bombard buyers with more and more irrelevant search results, are driving traffic to pages that includes buyers who aren't interested in your product in any way, shape, or form.

8 Likes

My vintage shop is dead too.  Hopefully things will turn around soon.  I think it will with the holidays coming.

2 Likes

Same issue and it’s very discouraging because I’ve only been open a few months. I got my first sale at the end of June then had at least one sale almost every day in July, even just a tiny one. First week of August was fine. Second week of August and sales just completely stopped. It wasn’t even gradual, it just went from every day to absolutely nothing. I hate that it’s happening to others too but I’m also glad it’s not just me. I’ve gone 7 days with no sales now, that hasn’t happened since before my first sale. I’m praying it’s going to pick back up soon, it’s so disappointing. 

1 Like

I hope things pick up for everyone but also glad to see that I’m not the only one seeing sales drops, nothing for a week and I normally sell 2-4 items daily. Very concerning when you have mouths to feed! and you just don’t know what to do next

1 Like

This has been a terrible season for me, but glad to see it just doesn’t affect me. There is something really wrong on Etsy these days. Maybe just too many sellers and resellers. Time to look into another venue….

0 Likes

June was good for me but July was not so good and August has been absolutely dire. Sales are down 79% this month. I don't know what else to do!

1 Like

There must be some changes going on that affect us all across the board - perhaps the off-site ads campaigns had to be re-started with the newly sized thumbnails, perhaps the desktop redesign team is doing things - since it is something affecting almost all of us, I assume it is a change that will sort?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.