View and Visits out of control

Hi everyone,

Don't know if I haver placed my situation in the right section so let me know.  My shop typically runs about 700-800 views and 500-700 visits per day with sales every day or every other day.  For the past couple of days, it seems my shop has been hijacked with an obsene amount of views which is simply not right.  As a write this my shop now has over 6423 views and 4418 visits and no sales and weekends are my busy days where I get the majotiry of my sales.  Is this happening to anyone else or can someone explain to me what is happening?  Is my shop in some test or what?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: View and Visits out of control

I have no idea at all unless it’s bots.  I am curious to know what you do to get 800 views a day?  That’s crazy to get that many views with no sales.  Thinking I should not look at your shop and make it worse!

1 Like

It may be bots. Wait a few days until bot views are stripped out and see what the views look like.

Or maybe your shop was posted somewhere on social media?

0 Likes

For starters, Etsy stats aren't very accurate and frequently have glitches. Sometimes you can get hit with a search engine bot that is indexing your store and hitting every page in your store. But it doesn't look like you have that many pages. They wouldn't be valid views or you would be getting some sales from that much traffic.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.