Incorrect Message response Rate - Blank times on CVS!!

Jump to solution

I am really upset. First, Etsy says they can't change Star Seller data??? What if it's their fault??

I'm showing an 80% message response rate. I looked at the report. The ones it's saying were not answered have NO TIMES in the times received/answered columns!! And I did respond in less than a few hours! This isn't the first time the reports have blank times/dates. 

This is totally on Etsy and yet it ruins my rating. 80% will take months to change because I'm a small new shop and don't get many messages.

Please tell me there is a way Etsy can fix THEIR MISTAKE! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect Message response Rate - Blank times on CVS!!

Jump to solution

Hello @HookedOnNeedlework,

We've double-checked the conversations that are affecting your Star Seller, and we can confirm that they really didn't received a response up until now.

@AlexiBlackwellBridal

We checked the three conversations that are affecting your Star Seller, and it appears that one of the conversation received a response after 24 hours. Then, the other two buyers sent you messages on a multiple threads. However, only one thread received a response within 24 hours. 

Please know that messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. But when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created which needs a response separately. These types of message threads need to be responded to in 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @AlexiBlackwellBridal,

We certainly understand where you are coming from. However, since all incoming message threads count towards your Response rate, we recommend replying to duplicate message threads with a response along the lines of "I'm responding to all questions in the original message thread." This will help to keep correspondence in a single thread. Just be sure to respond to each thread within 24 hours so that they count positively towards your score. 

To get a closer breakdown of your messages that affected your Star Seller, you can download a CSV by going to your Shop Manager > dashboard > Star Seller dashboard page > select the Message response rate tile > select the Export link called "Download Message History".

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Etsy always says my response rate is 92% even though I answer messages usually in a few minutes and I have an automatic reply message! Totally wrong data and it keeps me from Star Seller status as everything else is over the 95% threshold. Yes, very frustrating 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @HookedOnNeedlework,

We've double-checked the conversations that are affecting your Star Seller, and we can confirm that they really didn't received a response up until now.

@AlexiBlackwellBridal

We checked the three conversations that are affecting your Star Seller, and it appears that one of the conversation received a response after 24 hours. Then, the other two buyers sent you messages on a multiple threads. However, only one thread received a response within 24 hours. 

Please know that messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. But when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created which needs a response separately. These types of message threads need to be responded to in 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TonsOfPaper

Thanks for responding to my post with your helpful information. However, I have a question for you and the Etsy teams. If I have several apps on my phone, I get the same messages from the buyer on all three apps. Right now, two seller apps and the Buyer shopping app. Inquiries come to me sent from all the apps. I answer the questions right away, even at night since I am sleeping next to my phone. I respond quickly to everyone. If there is a customer who did not get a timely response from me, I would ask you to provide the names of these customers so I can apologize to them directly and also get to the bottom of this. If I responded to their question, once, why am I getting penalized for not responding to the same question multiple times on multiple apps? This makes no sense. The same question is sent from multiple Etsy apps. Are you saying that if I answer their question but don't reply when they say "Thank You" after I responded to the repeated question on all three Etsy apps, through the "Help with Order" button thread, it dings me?  Please let us all know so we can deal with this issue. I also want to know the specific customer names you are saying I didn't respond to in a timely fashion.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @AlexiBlackwellBridal,

We certainly understand where you are coming from. However, since all incoming message threads count towards your Response rate, we recommend replying to duplicate message threads with a response along the lines of "I'm responding to all questions in the original message thread." This will help to keep correspondence in a single thread. Just be sure to respond to each thread within 24 hours so that they count positively towards your score. 

To get a closer breakdown of your messages that affected your Star Seller, you can download a CSV by going to your Shop Manager > dashboard > Star Seller dashboard page > select the Message response rate tile > select the Export link called "Download Message History".

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.