Any ideas on what is going on?

August 25: I did instant verification using Plaid. I got a message on my dashboard that I had been verified.

August 31: I had a small balance to be deposited, so I waited the required five days and then requested it.  Received the deposit later that day. Then, I went to delete any connection between my account and Plaid with my bank. I changed my bank account password. 

September 2: I get a message that Plaid couldn't verify my account.

I'm not sure what is going on. I thought once my account was verified that I could change my banking password for security.

Re: Verified by Plaid, then I changed my bank password and now no longer verified?

Jump to solution

I don't like the whole idea of suddenly having to verify my bank account through some strange never heard of before system- why should I when I have been selling here 13 years and never had to before? And it sounds suspicious to me - there is no need for Etsy to do this imo...

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Re: Verified by Plaid, then I changed my bank password and now no longer verified?

Jump to solution

I had no issues linking into Plaid . Should I be worried? Of course, I’m not making any big sales so they’re not making any money on me.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@UneekDollDesigns  Plaid is all over the web. Many banks use them plus PayPal.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well if you google it- there some lawsuits against them too- I don't care if they are all over the web-I don't know why in the world we have to verify our bank account by giving them that info- makes no sense at all to me- I for one will not do it...:)

1 Like

Jump to solution

I was forced to try the instant option because the manual deposits never happened and time was running out. After waiting a week or more for a help person to return my email and screen shots, the process was reset, I used the instant, and the instant happened right away. NOW I read that if I change my password, it will trigger re-verification process again. No doubt the PLAID is an invasive tentacle. After the next payment cycle, I will contact my banks security department and see if PLAID app can be disconnected and password properly changed.  TBC

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.