Help

i placed at order from CRC beads and received a damaged item. I’m trying to reach them about Replacing the item and I found out they have blocked me. So I can’t send them any messages can you please help me with this? I have a good relationship with them as I have used them many many times before. Please help thank you Lisa Marie

Re: Vendor blocked me

0 Likes

Over the years I have done a lot of business with that shop. I have always found their merchandise to be top quality and their CS great. In fact, they once sent me something I did not order and when I contacted them to send it back (since it wasn't something I had paid for), they told me to just keep it and thanked me for my honesty. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

You can block a person's messages. You just can't block them from purchasing from you. Taken directly from Etsy.

How to block messages from a member

If you receive a suspicious message, you can block further communication from the sender by reporting the message as spam. Do not respond to the message. Etsy does not recommend engaging with suspicious messages for any reason. Responding will encourage the scammers and cause you to receive further scam messages.

The mark as spam feature is not currently available on the Etsy Seller app. 

If you receive a suspicious message, you can block the sender by:

1. Sign in to Etsy.com and go to Your Account.
  2. Go to Messages. 
  3. Select the suspicious message from your inbox. 
  4. Choose Mark as Spam.

This will move the message out of your inbox and into your Spam folder. You won’t receive any new messages from that member, and they’ll be unable to reply to messages in an existing thread. However, blocked members can still purchase items from your shop.

To send it back to your inbox, go into your Spam folder and select the message, then choose Not Spam. This will unblock the member and allow them to message you again.

1 Like

If the company has their own email address, try that

I think you can send a message from the orders page

Or go to Help and contact Etsy about this ... there are email options or chat with an agent

You should definitely get a damaged item replaced or refunded ... but I suspect being blocked by them is a mistake

0 Likes
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

I am sure there was another post over the weekend about this and the buyer was blocked by the seller so was her daughter and another person who had sent messages to the seller on the buyers behalf, obviously can't find the post now.

Certain it was the same company too.

0 Likes

I remember that post and pretty sure admin removed it.

1 Like

wasn't the same company and it wasn't on Etsy but their website

0 Likes
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

@vintageNCtreasures glad you remember it too, I always doubt myself when I can't find a post I know I have read, now I wonder if that post was from the OP 

0 Likes

No.

0 Likes

Apparently Etsy is now sending people messages that their messages are blocked.  I don't know if this is a test, a way to keep sellers from protecting their star seller badge by marking messages as spam or a new feature Etsy is rolling out.  But apparently it is possible that Etsy has done this rather than the seller.  You can always go to your orders and contact them about a problem with your order and not go through the message system.  Or you can contact Etsy to open a case or your credit card company to dispute any charges from this company.  How upset are you that you received damaged goods and/or where blocked by the seller?  Good luck with this.

0 Likes

I have tried to go to my orders and send a message and its not working!  IT keeps scrolling and scrolling 

0 Likes

How do I open a case? It won't seem to let me open a case against a vendor 

0 Likes

0 Likes

its not working. I want to open a CASE, not send a message to the seller 

0 Likes

@CoastalKaiDesigns  - To open a case you must first send the shop owner a Help Request message.

Go to your account, purchases & reviews, click on your order for the item you are disappointed in. 
You will see pre-titled messages "Where's my order", that type of thing. Click on one of those, then decide what your best resolution would be. Use the text box to tell the shop owner about your issue. Then, send the Help Request message.

The shop owner has 48 hours to reply to that help request & you need to decide if you are happy with the way they want to handle your help request. If you are, then let them know this. 
If you're not, you can still continue trying to resolve the problem or you can open a case with Etsy. Etsy readily provides links to opening a case.

However, do keep in mind that Etsy may well look at your order in its entirety. This isn't Amazon where you can select one item in a multi-item order to request help on. 

0 Likes

If the seller is now able to block a buyer message by just spamming it and you cannot open a case as you cannot sent a help request, (number one that is a glaring error as a help request should not be blockable) then you need to contact Etsy for a refund directly. Tell them somehow you have been blocked from sending her a help request message and cannot open a case. It may be a glitch or as this whole spam/block thing is new..just an unintended error.

0 Likes

I just called them and they unblocked me. It was weird because we don't know how it happened 

1 Like

With all the glitches every day, my guess is this is on etsy’s end. Don’t give the seller a black eye too quickly as it may not be them. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.