Vendor blocked me

Help

i placed at order from CRC beads and received a damaged item. I’m trying to reach them about Replacing the item and I found out they have blocked me. So I can’t send them any messages can you please help me with this? I have a good relationship with them as I have used them many many times before. Please help thank you Lisa Marie

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
42 Replies

Re: Vendor blocked me

@CoastalKaiDesigns: Even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

"So I can’t send them any messages" Exactly what error / advisory message are you getting to make you think this?

1 Like
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@CoastalKaiDesigns    Did I miss something?  Contact seller is right on their front page.

2 Likes

Did you open a case? That will get their attention.

1 Like

There is no way a seller can block anyone from messaging on Etsy. I don't understand what you mean by "blocking".

6 Likes

What if the seller marked her messages as spam?

2 Likes

@QuirkyAntiquesStore 

Sending a message to spam does NOT block the sender--in fact they probably do not even know it was "spammed".

All spam does is keep any more messages from showing up in the receipents inbox--the sender has no way to know they are going to spam.

2 Likes

@QuirkyAntiquesStore: "What if the seller marked her messages as spam?" One of two things - the message would still go through to the seller and might end up in the SPAM folder, but the sender would not know this; or Etsy might mute their Messaging but then they would be receiving an error message telling them that. Without a reply from  @CoastalKaiDesigns as to why they think that they are being "blocked" (which the seller cannot do) we can only speculate.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Is CRC an Etsy shop?

Why do you think you are blocked? What error message are you receiving when you try to contact the shop?

0 Likes

I was trying to send a message to the vendor and it say'

"blocked by seller"

I need some help

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@CoastalKaiDesigns If that was on Etsy then that's a new one. I do know that they have been updating the messaging system recently to curb the spam/scams, but in the past there has been no way to block communications like that. 

1 Like

@CoastalKaiDesigns  A message like that can also be the result of sending too many messages out within a short period of time. Have you been sending a lot of messages?

1 Like

@CoastalKaiDesigns There is no way for an etsy seller to block another etsy user from sending them messages. Are you messaging them on the etsy platform or somewhere else?

Is your message being sent and then you're getting a message back saying "Blocked by seller."

Or, are you getting a message saying your  messages have been disabled? 

0 Likes

the exact wording of it is

"sorry you cannot contact this person at this time"

seller is 

Fontana, CA
Local time 1:39pm

0 Likes

If you can't contact them directly, open a case with Etsy.  They cant block Etsys message, and if they don't respond, you should get a refund through Etsy.  Then find a new supplier.

0 Likes

Are they just replying to your message "blocked by seller" or is it some sort of Etsy banner/pop up/message?

1 Like

I've never heard of anyone getting that message on Etsy. 

They have return information at the bottom of their shop announcement. There should also be contact the seller link at the bottom of your order confirmation email. Follow that link to submit a help request message to the seller. 

0 Likes

I've never seen that blurb, but could it be the seller put one of your messages into spam and what is now shown to a spammed person when they try to send another message comes up as ''blocked by seller''?

Since you still need help, do what VintageRescueSquad suggested -- you'll have to open a case.  The seller cannot ignore that.  

4 Likes
KGarnerDesigns
Conversation Maker

If you are getting a reply that says "blocked by seller", the seller is sending that. They are attempting to ignore your complaint. Open a case asap and leave appropriate feedback. You may think you had a good working relationship with them, but they are making it quite clear they don't value you as a customer.

2 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

File a dispute or do a chargeback.  Easy peasy.  

2 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

I think I would send one more message to the seller letting them know you will be opening a case.  I would give them 3 days to respond. Then, if you do not hear from them, open the case. I say start with a case first.

But remember, if you have to wait too long for a response from your case, you also have the option to open a dispute with your credit card company.  They will auto issue a credit based on the seller getting back to them in 30 days.  Have pictures, as once you open the dispute, they will tell you how to upload them to the case.  If the seller does not respond, the credit will stand.  If the item is really damaged, and the picture shows this...there will not be much the seller can say to change the refund.

And...be sure you leave the appropriate review.  This way no one else has to go through this.  I think the seller is letting you know you are not an important customer.

0 Likes

how do I open a case with Etsy?

0 Likes

I thought shops weren't supposed to be called out by name in the forums.

I looked up the shop - they have +600K sales.

I would expect a shop of that size to be pretty mature ... they couldn't possibly get to that level by being petty. I can't help but wonder if something else is going on ... a message accidently sent to spam generating that response or something like that.

If I was a regular customer, I'd try to get a hold of them by email or phone. I'd hate to damage a relationship with a vendor over one blip.

But you can always open a case with Etsy and/or ask for a chargeback.

3 Likes

Yes, the shop in question has a number of sales.

One wonders if they had problems with weather last week & an employee committed an outrageous faux pas, setting up auto-reply with the message the OP is receiving? 

0 Likes

what? I was simply letting Etsy know the company and I have purchased from them many times without any issues. Now I can't send a message/blocked/whatever term you would like to know. How do I open an Etsy claim?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.