Upgrade requested

Hi, why am I constantly seeing Upgrade Requested even on items that have no other option to upgrade? How do I get rid of it? It's very annoying because after I ship it a week later, I am being charged extra for an upgrade when there was no option to upgrade. I offer either priority or first class and most of the items are priority and saying upgrade requested.

Thank you for helping.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
16 Replies

Re: Upgrade requested

@willowheartprims: Where are you experiencing this - while buying / printing Etsy labels or somewhere else?

0 Likes

In the area where the customer has purchased and I go to get label. It'll say upgrade requested. I have checked and have my shipping upgrades disabled and I just went in and changed the shipping options to priority as a couple weeks ago it'd said upgrade requested and I just thought it was a glitch as her shipping was for seven dollars, well last week Etsy charged me another seven dollars for her upgrade. It's annoying.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

You must have forgotten you had enabled upgraded shipping. Otherwise, the buyer could not select it.

0 Likes

There was a glitch mentioned in the forums a few months ago, where every order has "buyer requested upgrade" even when there were no upgrades.

It's possible this glitch is back.

1 Like

@willowheartprims  You absolutely have upgrades available in your shop.  Your adorable wood bird shows $4.88 shipping to me in WI, and in cart I can select Priority for $7.96.

So if you see that message on the label page, check the full pop-out order to see what the Buyer paid in shipping - it's probably not a glitch.

0 Likes

It's the signs that doesn't have upgrades.

0 Likes

Thank you for replying. Yes, I do have a couple that are first class but couple weeks ago an order was priority and then last week i was charged for an extra priority. 

Today's order was for three pieces that were all priority and it still says upgrade requested. 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

You do have upgrades enabled on some of your listings.

0 Likes

Thank you for replying, yes a couple of the smaller items are either first class or priority, however today's order were all priority and it still said upgrade requested. Is there a way to turn the upgrade off?

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

You will need to go into your shipping settings / rates & upgrades ... select disabled.

0 Likes

Thank you, I just looked and it's disabled. I don't know what else, it's annoying.

1 Like

Check that you don't have upgrades enabled, go to settings - shipping - rates and upgrades.  Under Shipping upgrades, make sure it is turned off.

0 Likes

Thank you for replying, I just looked and it's disabled. 

0 Likes

I'm experiencing the same issue. On my orders that qualify for free shipping, the label purchase page is indicating that the customer has requested an upgrade. However, this isn't real - it must be a glitch that other responses have mentioned. Weird and frustrating.

1 Like
LovejoyLightwork
Inspiration Seeker

I am having the exact same issue. The upgrades has always been disabled and yet my customers are selecting it every time. I am having to pay extra shipping on these orders and I am totally baffled why it keeps happening.

0 Likes

@HoneyBeeKindBakery: "... the label purchase page is indicating that the customer has requested an upgrade ..." But what does the actual order say? This might just be another Etsy Label Purchase Page glitch, like the 'warning' that your order will arrive late which has been reported several times.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.